Prologue

Your POV

Beth had decided to take me to a bar because quote and quote 'I need to get out more.' Don't understand what she means by that; I'm always out and about on the ranch.

As much as I trust Rip I couldn't stand leaving my work to someone else. Especially when it comes to my horse, but I don't dare refuse my sister.

When she says we're going out, we're going out. There's no questioning or complaining. In fact I haven't said a word to her this whole time. We sat in complete silence and enjoyed our drinks.

The bartender seemed to notice I was done with my beer. "Another one?" He asked, making his way over to me. "Yes. Thank you." I muttered, looking down at the empty beer bottle on the bar.

He passed a new beer to me and then proceeded onto another costumer. I felt eyes on me but it wasn't my sister's. No, my sister was to far into her drink. Or so I thought.

"There's a guy staring at you..."

Beth had been staring in that direction. One thing about Beth is that she has always been a bit protective around me. Especially around Jamie. I never understood why. Now, that I can hold my own she's not as protective of me.

I looked over and indeed I saw a guy staring at me. Or was he staring at Beth? "Oh no..." I muttered as he started to walk over. I turned back to my beer and began to drink it. Hoping he'd go away.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing in a place like this?"

I quietly chuckled at the disgustingly cheesy statement. I hated men like this with a passion. "You don't know who we are, do you?" Beth has said to him, still glaring at him.

"I wasn't talking to you!"

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Don't ever use that tone with my sister." I say to him sternly and throw him onto the ground. "Oh feisty... I like 'em feisty!"

"Come near me one more time and you will regret it."

He got up and placed a hand onto the bar. He hovered over me and seemed to be looking down. I know exactly what he was looking at and I hated it. Suddenly the doors swung open and all in the bar looked in its direction.

In walked Rip and all the other boys, that's when I realized Beth had texted Rip. I looked towards Beth and rolled my eyes. "I don't need Rip to fight my battles for me."

"Oh I know... I just thought we would need some back up."

Immediately, I knew what she had meant. I took the guys arm and twisted it behind his back before throwing him onto the ground. This caused everyone to get rowdy and join the fight.

One guy ran towards me and swung at me; he had missed completely due to me ducking. I turned and threw him over the bar and into a couple of bottles.

I picked the empty beer bottle and smashed it over the guy who attempted to get off the ground.

Time skip

I had woken up in my bed. I could hear my father and Jamie's arguing from down stairs. I got up and headed to my bathroom. I never really fix my hair in the mornings I just put it into a ponytail and go.

I looked into the mirror and noticed I had a black eye and a busted lip. It's not the worst I've had. In the past I have come home with a broken nose and broken fingers.

Now it was time to face my father and Jamie for one goddamn cup of coffee. I existed my room and walked downstairs. A normal morning where Jamie was explaining law to our father. That's the usual.

Jamie never seemed to understand why we do what we do. He never worked as long as I have. He thinks just because dad sent him to Harvard for law that he knows better. Spoiler alert he doesn't.

I hate how Jamie thinks he better than his own family. It drives me crazy and not in a good way. Sometimes I just want to strangle him. Though, since he's my brother I can't.

I walked into the kitchen only to have my father greet me. "Good morning, (y/n)." He said with a small smile. The youngest is always the pride and joy of their parents.

"Good morning, dad." I say to him before grabbing a coffee cup from the cabinet. I filled it with coffee and began to drink it. "You know getting in bar fights can be classified as assault." Jamie said, looking at the bruise on my face.

"Shut up, Jamie." I say to him before walking out so he couldn't say another word. I sat in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. My father sat in the chair next to me.

"What happened this time?"

I chuckled and looked at my dad. "Some guy thought he was something big. A little city boy trying to play with the big boys." I snickered, looking back it was kinda pathetic. "He flirted with ya, huh?"

"Yep."

He seemed to find it funny when I beat the shit out of guys for flirting with me. "You turn down every guy who makes advances towards you. You love the ranch that much?"

"Well yes and no. I'm not interested in guys... right now."