T-W-O

Chapter 2: Coming out

Your POV

I fiddled with the button of my shirt. For some reason, even though I now knew my father doesn't care, I still couldn't tell him.  I couldn't even look him in the eye. I was horrified to say the least.

"Maybe you should sit down, (y/n)."

I looked over at Beth again and noticed the somewhat comforting smile on her face. I sat down on the couch next to the both of them, looking down at my boots.

My father wasn't a patient man but surprisingly he was being very patient with me. It's kinda surprising since I'm guessing he has already guessed what I'm going to tell him. If I could just get it out. I took an extremely deep breath before I began to speak.

"I'm... I'm gay, daddy."

I couldn't look up for I feared the worst. The possibility of being disowned haunted me. I love my family. I'm loyal to my family. I don't know what I'd do it that was all gone.

"(Y/n), you're still my kid. Besides now that I think about it, it makes a whole lot of sense. You have always been on the boys side of things. It makes a whole lot of sense to me."

I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile. His expression of course stayed the same but I know that he genuinely means it. I'm not usually the affectionate type but I hugged my father.

I was overjoyed to hear that he didn't care and that he wouldn't disown me. All my fears were gone and I can finally be myself. That was something I never thought I would be able to do. Ever. Yet, here it is! Starting now I could be myself.

"Anyway, I'm going to hang with the boys. I'll see you both later..."

Time skip

I sat at the table playing poker with the boys. Ryan had been the one to ask me why I was in such a chipper mood. I told them all the news and each of them looked up at me, mile long grins on their faces.

"So you finally did it?"

Lloyd had his signature grin on his face as he pat me on the back. All the boys shook themselves out of their shock and cheered. All but Walker. He was a real piece of work.

He sat on his bunk and was playing one of his god awful songs on his guitar. It was annoying and might I say a bit out of tune. Did he even know how to play that damn thing?

"Walker, you best put that thing away before I break it over your head!"

Everyone around me stood up straight and began to play poker again, not wanting to make a comment that might get them punched. We were all so caught up in the game we didn't here the door open or see Rip step inside.

"(Y/n), how on Earth did they tie you into playing poker with them?"

"Oh, don't be so harsh on them, Rip. I was the one that suggested it!"

The boys nodded and agreed with me, a round of yeahs went around the table. I took a swig of the beer I was drinking before Rip beckoned me over. I folded my cards and chugged the rest of the beer, slamming the bottle down on the table.

"Sorry boys! Time for me to go!"

I followed Rip outside and walked with him. He looked down at his feet and had his hands in his pockets. "What is it?" I asked him, watching as he stopped in front of me.

"I got news that your brother, Kayce, will be returning to the ranch. Apparently for good."

I hadn't seen Kayce since our older brother, Lee had died. That was awhile ago. Then again Kayce hasn't been around the family long enough for me to see him.

I haven't gotten along with Kayce since he had run off with some girl. I mean, we used to be so close but then he just goes and completely ignores me.

It kinda hurt if I'm honest. Just like my fears of our father disowning me would hurt every time I thought of it. Though, I guess in time old wounds heal.

"Ah... I see"