GoodPuffer

Albert stood near the lake in the cool breeze, awaiting for GoodPuffers' arrival.
He paced around nervously holding a nearly withered rose he picked on the way there.
He started to spin it through his fingers to distract himself from his anxieties.
He breathed in hard and leaned up against a tree behind him and closed his eyes to try and calm his nerves down.
"Albert?" He quickly looked up to see GoodPuffer staring at him with concern written on his face. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly.
Albert stood up as straight as he could and presented the rose to him.
He looked confused as he slowly took the rose from his hands. He gave Albert a  look that said, "What is this about?" And so he continued.
"GoodPuffer, I...I like you." "I like you, too, Albert. You're a great friend." He laughed.
"No, I mean...like, like. As in, I love you GoodPuffer." His face changed completely and he looked flustered.
Albert took that as a sign that he liked him back. Albert took his hands and leaned in and closed his eyes.
He expected to feel his lips on his own, but, when he opened his eyes, he was turned away.
He let go of Alberts hands and said, "Albert, I don't like you like that. You are a fantastic friend and so much more. But not a lover."
He placed the rose back in Alberts hands and turned away and left.
Albert fell down and cried on the ground as He pulled each peddle off the rose out of anger.