chapter 4: backstory

Kim Zanjins family was known for their work in cultivation. The founder of Kim clan was a good man of high status, with great cultivation and martial arts techniques, on which he would fight thousands of demons per year, fight villains and create a book, known as the Atlas of fighting techniques of Kim. But as far as he went, the far he felt back. One day the Kim clan founder was seen destroying homes of the poor, because he thought of demons living within, even though their weren't. Duo to the Bao Clan, the Liu clan and the Ouyang clan, the Kim clan founder was stopped.
"They couldn't kill him, so they captured him and put him in the old dungeon. While the other clan founders of Bao, Liu and Ouyang are all long dead, he's still down there to haunt that place.", Kim Zanjin commented, but Bao Xianhui didn't believe a word he just said.
"He was a mad man, yes. Possessed of his work life till his real demons took him. The Bao Clan stopped their work as cultivators, the Liu clan too, but the Ouyang is still out there somewhere.", Xianhui said. "Since that incident of Kim clan founder, the world of cultivation collapsed and the clans invested more in martial arts. The ouyang family is the last one to practice cultivation, alongside with the Kim family.".