An Unhealthy Obsession

(Third Person POV)

3 looked over his plans again. It had been a week since he saw it happen, and no doubt, it pissed him off.

The situation had evolved to the point where 4 was always clung to the stranger. Not once had he seen them separate. He took it everywhere.

Idiot. Cute, but still an idiot.

The worst thing was, everyone excused the strange behavior. Everyone. They even excused the fact that 4 would voluntarily skip on planned meetings, hangouts, everything. He even skipped out on meeting with 3 himself. 3 tried to pull him away physically once. It made 4 snap at him. That really hurt.

Grabbing his switchblade, 3 twirled it in his hand. He walked to his closet and grabbed a light, black jacket. Zipping it up, he grabbed a black bandanna and tied it around his nose and mouth. Flipping the blade closed, he pocketed it.

Tonight, he'd unmask that bitch.

He walked towards the door. The sun had just began to set. 3 knew where they were going.

...

3 approached the construction site. They were nearly finished with the first floor already. The two of them were behind the current structure tonight, near the newly planted castle garden, still a work in progress.

He clung near the wall and slowly made his way around to the back, and there they were. 4 had an arm around the imposter as they walked through the small untrimmed bushes. Once he got a better look at 4, he was disturbed. His eyes were tinted that same yellow, and his cheeks seemed to have the surface layer of skin peeling off to reveal the tender, light red flesh underneath. 3 shuttered at the sight.

"It's such a nice night, isn't it?" 4 looked at the stranger. It nodded back at him. They turned to 4 and held his face in his hands. 4 held his wrists and smiled, closing his eyes. Its mask started to lift.

'Oh HELL no!' 3 felt his body move on its own. He ran towards them, jumping at 4 and knocking him out of the way. Once they both hit the floor, 3 bounced back up and looked at the masked stranger. It glared at him. Angry, 3 lunged at it, pushing until he held it in a chokehold.

"HEY!" 4 had gotten up and was storming towards them. 3 didn't want to do this, but he pulled the blade out and switched it up. He pointed it at 4.

"Back up.." He pulled it back and put it at his captives neck. "..or this is it."

4 stopped and took a few steps back.

"Turn around."

Hesitantly, 4 obliged.

3 put his blade away and grabbed the thing's mask, pulling on it. The mask clung to the skin as 3 tried to pull it off, so he had to reequip the blade and saw it off. Blood poured out of the places he cut. It was only half way off when 3 saw what was underneath.

A mass, fleshy mess of teeth, eyes, and meat lay underneath. 3 would have stabbed it right then, as he now recognized this things origin, but a tentacle emerged from underneath the garden floor, wrapping around his neck and sending him flying backwards into the ground. The mask reattached to the things face as it approached 3. 4 had turned back around at this point.