Chapter 1

It was around 5pm and you were going to meet your best friends family. You really wanted to meet them so you asked her earlier today, and she said it was alright. "Hey (y/n), I didn't tell you this, but my little brother has some disorders" she said hastily "Lyra, it's fine, but tell me more about your family" you said kicking a pebble. "My mom is very nice, my dad works a lot, and my brother, Toby, is around your age. He stays in his room a lot, but he acts a lot like you" she smiled. You pushed a strand of (h/c) behind your ear and stepped over to the door. A tall man opened the door "hello, I'm Lyra's dad, you must be (y/n)" he said. "Yes sir" you said quickly. You wanted to impress them so you used your manners. Lyra showed you her house and then introduced you to her family. "This is my mom" she said going up to a woman with bright green eyes and short, brown, hair. "Hello, Lyra told me a lot about you" she said friendly. "Hello, I'm (y/n)" you said waving "oh mom, where's Toby, I want (y/n) to meet him" Lyra said. "he's upstairs in his room" mrs. Rodgers said before going back to cooking. We went up the stairs and went into a small room. It had a dresser, a bed, and a window. On the bed was a pale boy. His brown hair was messy and he had hazel eyes. he stared at you for a minute then said "hey, I'm Toby". You blushed and said "I'm (y/n)". He twitched a little and Lyra said "we should go downstairs now, my mom is probably done cooking". You followed Lyra downstairs with Toby following after you two.

Toby's POV

I sat down and pecked at my food, I wasn't hungry. My mom made small talk that I didn't really care about, but then she tried to get me to talk. "Toby, tell (y/n) a little about yourself" my mom smiled "I tic, twitch, and crack my neck a lot". My mom kind of elbowed me and kept talking about stuff.

~time skip~

I went back up to my room when I finished 'eating'. (Y/n) went home and I sat on my bed looking out the window. My sister burst threw the door "Toby, why were you acting weird" she said. I looked at her then said "I just told her about my disabilities". "Don't act weird again, we might not be friends anymore" she said leaving the room. I crawled in my bed and fell asleep.