Chapter 2

You were hanging out with Lyra at the mall. "So what did you think about my family" she said finally "their awesome, and Toby's disabilities aren't that noticeable" you said. She sighed in relief "I thought you were alike" she smirked. Later that day you took Lyra home. You saw Toby from his window, he was starring at something in the tree. Lyra walked to her door saying bye. You drove off and wondered about Toby.

Toby POV

I walked around the neighborhood that night because no one is there to judge your tics and twitching. I walked until I saw (y/n)'s house, she was in her room. I wasn't stalking her, I just happened to see her. I kept walking until I heard the front door open. (Y/n) was standing at her door waving. "Hi Toby" she said smiling "oh, hey (y/n)". She walked towards me "what are you doing here" she said. "I was just walking around" I twitched, but she didn't mind. someone called her name from the house, "I better go, see ya later". She walked back in her house, and I just waved.

~time skip~

Lyra got home from school and dropped her book bag. She ran to my mom and started talking about (y/n) coming over. My mom said it was ok and I sort of got happy. She was the closest thing I had to a friend, I mean I was home schooled. Lyra hugged my mom and ran to (y/n)'s house.

Your POV

Lyra rung your doorbell repeatedly until you answered. "My mom says you can stay over and study" Lyra squealed "really" you said closing the door behind you. You and Lyra walked to her house. You two talked about school and how it sucks. When you got in Lyra's house, you immediately saw Toby sitting on the couch. You waved and he waved back with a genuine smile. You and Lyra went to her room and studied until it was around 5pm. "Oh, I better get home" you said glancing at the clock. You grabbed the doorknob and then someone said "bye". You instantly realized it was Toby "oh, hi Toby" you said spinning around. "So what's up" he said "nothing much, but I have to go home so here's my number. Can we talk later" you asked handing him your number. He smiled, "yeah, bye" he said then went up to his room. You headed to your house.

Toby's POV

I put the piece of paper on my dresser and went back downstairs. My dad was there drinking vodka and complaining about... me. "That *hic* boy needs to *hic* stand up for *hic* himself" he tried to say. "David, you're drunk and stop being an asshole to our son" my mom said with a stern voice. "Connie *hic* I'm not *hic* being an asshole, *hic* I'm being *hic* honest. When I *hic* was being *hic* bullied I *hic* stood up *hic* for myself, *hic* unlike our *hic* useless son". "Shut up, David, our son is not useless and you know it" my mom yelled "stop standing up for him" my dad grabbed my mothers hair and shoved her to the floor. "Dad stop" Lyra yelled trying to break it up, but he pushed her and she hit her back on the kitchen counter. "Stop it now" I yelled pushing my dad away from them "oh, so you'll stand up to me but not the kids that bullied you" my dad said. I got really angry when he said that and then he hit me but I couldn't feel a thing. It was a brawl until 8pm.