Chapter 5

Your POV

You woke up late because you were at the hospital until 3:16. You put on a white tank top with a dark brown hoodie. The hoodie was unzipped and you wore a pair of jeans.

~time skip~

You arrived at the hospital again and you saw Toby's mom sitting there, asleep. "Hey (y/n)" Toby said waving "hi Toby". He sat up and said "there has been something I want to ask you" "what" you said walking to him "will you go out with me". "Yes, of course" you said hugging him, it was the happiest moment of your life. He kissed you on the cheek and you blushed. Then mrs. Rodgers woke up "hey, (y/n), when did you get here". "Oh just a few minutes ago" you replied hopping that mrs. Rodgers wouldn't catch you blushing. Toby grabbed your hand from under the covers again. You grasped his cold hand as you kept talking to Toby and mrs. Rodgers. After awhile, a nurse came in "I have good news, Toby can go home today since he isn't feeling any pain" she said writing stuff on her clipboard. "Oh, that's great. We better head home then" mrs. Rodgers said as Toby let go of your hand. You left the hospital thinking about Toby.

Toby's POV

I let go of (y/n)'s hand and stood up from my hospital bed. I walked out of the hospital with my mom. We got into the car and road back to our house in silence. I looked out the window and remembered the crash, it was awful. Then I remembered the hospital, and how (y/n) was now my girlfriend. I twitched each time I remembered something, but I tried hard not to. When we got back to our house, I saw the fucker who caused all the awful things. "What is he doing here" I asked "he's your father, Toby, he's here to see you" my mom said trying to sound less shaky. We walked to the door to be 'greeted' by my father, he spread out his arms and waited to be hugged. My mom walked past him, "Connie, what no welcome home hug, huh" my father said. My mother didn't answer "come on, he's 16, he can walk by himself" my mom turned to him "he's 17" she said. "Come o-" I cut off my mother "no I'm 16, I can walk by myself" I said sarcastically. I glared at my father before going upstairs to my room. I looked out my window and saw the same man from the hospital. I shoke my head and blamed it on the medicine I took at the hospital. I walked downstairs to see dinner was ready and I sat down in the middle of an empty chair and my mom. I pecked at my food and everyone stayed in silence. After awhile I walked out of my house and walked to (y/n)'s. I threw a few pebbles at her window until she noticed and ran downstairs. She opened the front door and ran over to see me. "Hey, what are you doing here" she asked kindly "I came here to met you" I replied. "You can do that anytime you like, so tell me the re-" I cut her off with a kiss. She slowly returned the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck. She was the cutest, smartest, funniest girl I knew and she was mine.