9

I winced when I opened my eyes, the familiar sharp pains of a hangover stabbing my brain accompanied with stiffness and aches all over my body. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. My heart sank in a panic when I realized I didn't recognize the room I was in.

I went to sit up but froze when I realized there were a pair of arms around my waist. I looked over my shoulder to see Mori's sleeping face. I felt my face flush with embarrassment. I couldn't remember anything from last night. I really hope I didn't do anything weird.

I gasped quietly when Mori pulled himself closer to me. I could feel his breath on my bare back which sent a shiver down my spine. I managed to turn myself around, facing him. I shook his shoulder gently. He stirred and buried his face in the crook of my neck. 

"Morinozuka-San," I stammered, shaking his shoulder again. He stirred a little and rolled onto his back. I quickly checked to make sure I had pants on and let out a sigh of relief when I saw the pair of shorts I had on, even if they weren't mine.

I took this moment to sit up and look around the room I was in. It was big. There were a few doors off to the side which I assumed led to a bathroom or closet or a hallway. The far wall was covered in large black out curtains. There was a desk, a couch, large TV, and a ginormous trophy case.

A part of me was terrified for the moment Mori would realize I was here. I prayed he was nothing like Honey when he wakes up. 

"Uh, Morinozuka-San?" I whispered, shaking his shoulder one last time. 

He opened his eyes and looked up at me, seeming to be processing that I was there. He suddenly sat up, making me jump.

"Are you okay?" He suddenly asked, catching me off guard.

"Yeah, I, uh, I'm just a bit confused. I don't know how I got here," I murmured, feeling the heat rush to my face again. All I know was that I went to a party. Anything after that was a blank slate.

"I saw you outside, you didn't seem like you were okay. You told me not to take you home so I brought you here," He explained.

"All I know was that I was at a party I didn't want to be at. I don't remember much, I'm really sorry if I caused you any trouble," I apologized.

"We're you drinking?" He questioned.

I let out a sigh. "Yeah, if I didn't do what they told me it would be a bad situation. Akihiko knows my mom and I don't want anything bad to come of it," I explained, trying not to give too much away.

"Why didn't you stay home?" He asked, searching for my eyes.

"It's complicated," I answered. "I'm really sorry for the trouble I caused, but could I please have my clothes so I can leave?" I asked softly, avoiding his gaze.

"You threw up so I had a maid send your clothes out for dry cleaning. I'll have them sent to your house when they're done," He stated. I only nodded.

"Would you like a ride home?" Mori asked.

I shook my head. "Uh, no, that's alright, thank you though," I said sliding out of bed.

He walked me to the door and I slid on my shoes and left. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. I stepped outside the Morinozuka gates and started walking. 

I went to pass the estate next to Mori's estate when I noticed a familiar name on the gate.

"Nakagawa," I murmured to myself. I flipped my phone open and scrolled through my contacts. 

I paused when I saw my mother's fiancé's name. I went to my mother's contact and called her.

"Good morning, Ru, what's going on?" She greeted.