The Unsinkable Mafia

*Knock Knock*

I rolled my eyes and opened the door and expected to see Jonathan but it was a stranger with his back towards the door, "Hello, This is Scarlett Allison...how may I help you?" I asked.

The man turned around with a smile and my eyes widened, "Jeongguk Jeon?!"

"Am I....dreaming?" I asked as tears rolled down my eyes.

"Certainly not, my love..." He opened his arms.

I hugged him but soon frowned and said, "Jeongguk, your body is burning..."

"Probably it's because my heart is on fire..." He replied as he hugged me back.

"Shut up! I thought you forgot about me!" As more tears rolled down my eyes, I said, "Do you know how much I waited for you, moron?" I broke the hug and hit his chest.

"Ahh...haha...easy, my love! I can never forget you...." He grabbed my hand and looked at the diamond ring, "I see that you're still wearing this engagement ring."

"So are you..." I looked at his hand.

He smiled and tried to kiss my knuckles but suddenly he seemed to lose his balance and leaned forward. I quickly wrapped my arms around him, "Jeongguk?! Are you ok?!"

He didn't reply and I realized that he has lost consciousness. Jeongguk was heavy for me but somehow I managed to drag him to the bedroom. I called Doctor Raymond, my neighbour, to check Jeongguk.

Doctor Raymond checked him and said that there is nothing to worry about...he didn't rest and eat well for a couple of days and that's why he collapsed.

Out of curiosity, the doctor asked me, "Who is this gentleman, Mrs Allison?"

"He is the love of my life!" I said as I sat next to Jeongguk.

The doctor looked at the broken mirror, "I see but be careful that Mr. Allison doesn't find out." He said and left.

I looked at the broken mirror and sighed as memories flooded in.

It was 15th April, 1912....exactly 1 year ago.....

Flashback~

"RMS Titanic, the most luxurious ship which was claimed to be unsinkable sunk earlier today at around 2 am during its maiden voyage after colliding with an iceberg," My butler read the news.

"H-how many people survived?" I asked while clutching the pendant around my neck.

"Out of 2240 people only 706 people survived, miss...here's the list of survivors." He pointed at a section in the newspaper.

I quickly scanned the list, "H-his name is on the list of survivors!" Tears of happiness rolled down my cheeks.

"Did you get the news, daughter?" My father rushed in with a gun.