Chapter 3: Leaving For A New Mission

Toshiko Uzumaki had arrived at the village gate, where she saw Makoto Haruno, her old Genin teammate, waiting for her.

He had grown taller and more muscular over the past four years. He was wearing a red and black sleeveless shirt with a long sleeve brown fishnet shirt underneath it with, grey pants and black ninja sandals, and a blue ninja headband on his forehead.

"You're finally here. What did Naruto do this time?" Makoto asked, glancing over at Toshiko and brushing his bang out of his face.

"He decided it would be funny to paint the Hokage faces," She replied."You didn't notice it on your way here?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Ah, I didn't really put much thought into that on my way here," He commented.

"You don't put a lot of thought into many things," Toshiko commented.

"Not true; I put thought into things," Makoto said."You see how much thought I put into what matters," He said, muttering the last part.

"Huh, what was the last part?" She asked, looking over to see him looking away from her.

"It was nothing. We better get going," Makoto said.

"If you say so, Makoto," Toshiko said with a shrug as she walked from the village gate.

****

Toshiko and Makito were traveling in silence until Makoto spoke up after a while of silence.

"So, Toshi-chan, what do you think is happening in Kõashi village?" Makoto asked.

"I don't know exactly. There are a lot of possibilities on what could be happening to the children, " She replied.

"That a value point could be kidnapping or kids wandering off and getting lost on the way back, " He agreed.

"We won't know for sure what is going on until we arrive and begin the invegastion soon as we arrive there."

Makoto nodded in agreement."You are right about that.  We might have ideas of possibilities of what is going on, but we still need to look into it to know for sure what is going on with the missing kids."

"I just know Naruto can stay out of trouble while I'm gone, and actually eats the leftover food instead of ramen daily."

"Don't count on ot, but hopefully, instead of trouble, he will prepare for the graduation exam this Friday in three days instead of causing problems and knowing he will not eat any leftovers."

"Fair point; hopefully, the Third Hokage can get someone to keep an eye on him."

"You know there is one person I know he can convince to watch him while you're gone."

"Right, Aki would agree to be the few who don't dislike Naruto."

"That's right; I'm sure she will be able to handle keeping him under control."

"I guess you're right.  I shouldn't worry about him too much. The mission is more critical now than how Naruto behaves back home."

"That right now, I believe that we can get a good amount of hours of walking in until we should stop to rest for the night."

Toshiko nodded in agreement as she and Makoto continued the rest of their travel through the path, passing all the trees in silence.

***

7 hours later...

The sun was starting to go down as Toshiko and Makoto sat against a large tree, stareing at a blazing fire in front of them.

"I start cooking the fish I caught earlier," Makoto said, roasting the six fish on sticks that he caught earlier while Toshiko was preparing the fire.

"After this, you go ahead and get some sleep while I take the first watch," She said, looking at Makoto roasting the fish.

"You sure I don't mind taking the first watch, especially since you are usually up early to make Naruto breakfast while my parents do most of the cooking for breakfast," Makoto said."So im not up as early as you every day."

"It's fine, not even that tired yet," She replied.

"If you're sure," He replied, heading to her three sticks of fish and keeping the other three for himself.

"I'm positive, Makoto, no need to worry so much," She said before taking a bite of one of her fish on sticks.

"Right, you can care for yourself, " Makoto said sheepishly.

'He the same as we were as Genins always worrying about me.  It's kind of him, but I don't always need his worries.' Toshiko thought, glancing at Makoto who looked away, embarrassed as he continued to eat his fish.

"Make sure to wake me up when you're ready to get sleep," Makoto said, taking out his blanket and soft, thin sheet to lay on as he slept.

"I will," Toshiko said as she looked at the fire and continued eating her fish as she watched for any sort of danger nearby.

"Also I mean it don't try to pull an all-nighter on guard," Makoto said softly.

"I will wake you up now stop worrying and sleep," Toshiko said rolling her eyes at Makoto and treating her like a child.

The third chapter of Crismon Fox has been published. In this chapter, Toshiko and Makoto leave ther village and start making their way to Kõashi village to complete their mission.  However, she can't help but worry about Naruto causing trouble while she away.  Next chapter Toshiko and Makoto will begin their investigation to see what is happening in the village.

Thank you for reading this chapter! Sorry, it's kind of sort of a chapter.

Word Count: 911