Act 2

After the interval me and Mike went back to our seats. After 5 minutes, the lights dimmed down. And I heard some familiar words...

"Ladies and gentlemen, bohemians and artists, cool cats and boulevardiers, please may I present to you our sparkling diamond, the unique, the indomitable, the one and only... Satine."

I heard this when I went to watch Moulin Rouge! The Musical back in April 2022. Stephanie Clift came on to sing "The Sparkling Diamond". These had a mixture of songs which were the following:

- Diamonds are forever

- Diamonds are a girl's best friend

- Material girl

- Single ladies

- Shining bright like a diamond.

The dancers who were there before came back on. And it was magical. I felt like I was living the Moulin Rouge! experience all over again. And I preferred that set to when she sang "Defying Gravity". I felt it definitely showed off her voice more. Then the last note of the song definitely said it all. Her voice was much better than in the first half.

Then Matthew Croke came on again. He sang "Come What May" where it was sung by Christian in the show. I actually got emotional during the song, as I know it is the moment of true love. His voice was stunning and if he's not the next Christian in Moulin Rouge! Then a petition needs to be made. He then took his bows.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the incredible... Jamie Leahey and Chuck!"

Jamie and Chuck then come on and sing together "Never Getting Rid of Me", the song they did in the auditions. It's incredible to think he can do that at such a young age. I really enjoyed the little intro.

"Thank you. Thank you", said Chuck, as we all took our applause to them.

Jamie then took the lead, "I can't believe we're here. And we've been everywhere. We've been to the Palladium."

"Yes, the palladium was fantastic!" Chuck replied.

"We've been to LA!"

"Yes, I loved it there."

"And now we're in Nottingham!"

"And now..." Chuck stated with a disappointed sigh "...we're here". Everyone laughed.

"Oh come on Chuck", Jamie told him, "Don't be like that. We've got a wonderful audience tonight. We have that lady there".

Chuck looked at the lady, "Yeah, that's gooooood"

"We have this gentleman here".

"Yeah, that's gooooood".

"And we have that lovely lady here".

"Yeah..." and again we couldn't help but laugh once again. "You're gooooood".

He then moved onto the next part. "My friend chuck here is very clever", he stated, casting back to the audition.

He asked him to do the Peter Piper Nursery Rhyme, and just like the audition, all chuck came back with was... "So would I". It is still as funny to this day.

Jamie then had to change tactics, "Okay let's do another one".

He then did Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry. And all chuck responded with was, "Can't drive".

Then Jamie moved onto the rhyme as followed, "She Sells Seas Shells on the Seashore, the Shells She Sells are Seashells, I'm sure. For if She Sells Seashells on the Seashore, Then I'm sure She Sells Seashore Shells".