23*

Juliet.

Last night, after Harry left, I stood there on my couch for longer than I had anticipated, wondering what the hell, I had just agreed to. Thinking about him.

How quickly his behavior toward me changed. Harry was extremely cruel; he made me feel like total shit by describing what had happened to my mother, reminding me of what I had seen, and then telling me not to cry.

Harry was complicated. One moment he seemed to hate me and be prepared to kill me with his bare hands or eat me alive, and the next he was kind. He stared at me as if he cared for me, or at least that's what I thought.

I'm not even sure when I got up off the couch, but as soon as I did, I ignored everything that was on the floor of my bedroom and dozed off with only him in my thoughts.

Finally, Halloween arrived; the entire day had been a mental challenge. I tried to stay distracted throughout the day by getting up early, having coffee while smoking, and even talking with Gwen and Abigail for a bit.

Gwen finally told me her thoughts about Harry, in which she said he was very attractive and I should go for it.

To which I declined and said I would never do it. I would never do anything with Harry again.

My face mask was on my lap as we were all in the limo. Abby was seated across from me and was dressed similarly to how I was. We were all.

The black tight skirt that was raised like mine. A black corset that squeezed her breasts to the point that they practically spilled out of her top. My attire was extremely similar to Abby's; the only difference was that I wore gloves and fishnets.

Harry bought me gloves so that nothing would have my fingerprints on them. I still had makeup on, even though it would be covered by this mask.

Louis was sitting next to Abby, hands around her waist, as he explained to me what the earpiece would do, but I wasn't paying attention. I was silently panicking.

What if I die?

What if the transaction fails to succeed?

Where do I run to? Where do I hide? Do I fight back or do I run away? Do I try hiding? Do I cover?

" Juliet―" I'm pulled out of my trance by Harry, and when I turn to face him, my thoughts are still hazy.

" Mhm? What? I'm sorry."

"We're here." I peered out the window and saw the club. There was a big line of people waiting outside, all dressed in various costumes, and devil horns framed the structure of the building. Every time the door opened, red lights flashed everywhere.

We were alone in the car. Harry pushed the earpiece into my lap while his fingers lightly touched my thighs. "Hurry up and put it on."

I glance at the earpiece while biting my inner cheeks. With my curly hair framing my face, it wouldn't be visible because it was so small. I inhaled, before picking it up.

"How am I meant to put this on?" I looked up and met Harry's irritated eyes. He took it from my hands and moved closer to me, appearing to be on edge. He held my jaw in his hands and pushed my hair back.

"You never freaking pay attention. You didn't listen to anything Louis said?" Harry snarled

"I couldn't." I said, "I'm panicking."

"Juliet, it's not that serious. Stop being dramatic."

"I'm not trying to be dramatic; I'm just anxious, okay? This is not what I'm used to."