Chp. 5 - Adrenaline

While you did expect being Nekoma's volleyball manager to not be easy, this was a little out of your league. Coach Nekomata had spoken with you and asked if you could gather intel about Nohebi's volleyball team as there would be a chance that Nekoma would be facing them in the semi-finals.

So here you were, dressed in your uniform, sticking out like a sore thumb.

You also didn't account for how big the Nohebi school grounds were, wandering about suspiciously trying to find the gym.

A pretty brunette approached you and tapped you on the shoulder, "Are you lost?"

You jumped skittishly, taken off guard. "Y-yeah I was looking for my friend.. he's on the volleyball team?"

The brunette cocked her head curiously, "What a coincidence my boyfriend is the captain! Come with me I was just about to go see him."

"Would you really? Thanks, I'm y/n by the way!"

She smiled back at you, "I'm Mika!"

Mika glanced over your uniform, "Nekoma huh?"

"W-what?"

"Your uniform, you're a Nekoma student aren't you?"

"Oh yeah...," you trailed off unsure if the gig was up.

Mika giggled, "I knew it was you! My boyfriend, Daishou, mentioned you. You're Kuroo's girlfriend aren't you?"

Your eyes widened in shock, "What? No! I mean we're not dating and- wait how does your boyfriend even know me?"

Mika covered her hand over her mouth, "Oops! I shouldn't have said anything. He's been kind of spying on Nekoma...," she paused to look you up and down, "But from the looks of it you seem to be doing the same."

You scratched the back of your neck nervously, "We'll call it even, and never mention it again."

Mika stuck out her pinky which you returned with a pinky promise, both of you giggling.

"Here we are!" She gestured towards the large gym doors. "You can go in around the side and sit on the stands in the back. The team can't see you from there."

You smiled gratefully at Mika, "Thanks again!"

"You're welcome, Daishou is way too serious about volleyball anyways," she rolled her eyes, appearing irritated before a pleasant smile returned to her face again.

"Hey, we should go on a double date sometime!"

"A double what?!"

Mika giggled and waved goodbye to you running onto the court towards a dark-haired man you assumed was Daishou.

Observing the practice match, you thought the Nohebi team were very well mannered, until you noticed their scheming and how too-faced they were whenever the referee would turn around. They would claim false points and sucked up to the referee endlessly to get in his good favour.

After the practice match was wrapping up, you were now trying to figure out how to leave the gym undetected. With how sneaky these guys were it'd be a bad look to get caught as a Nekoma student.

Your chance came when you heard yelling on the court. It looked like Mika was arguing with Daishou. You took this moment of distraction to slip out of the gym, overhearing Mika along the way as you stealthily slid out of the gym doors.

"We're over Daishou! It's always volleyball, volleyball, volleyball with you!"

After the spying attempt on Nohebi, the semi-finals match came quickly.