Chp 2: Testosterone

You opened the doors to the gym, peeking in to see if you had recognized anyone. After class finished, Kenma had gone ahead with the rest of the team to change into their uniforms first.

You walked in noticing an older man who you assumed was the coach sitting on the bench nearby. You walked up to him and introduced yourself, asking if it was alright to watch practice.

The older man had happily agreed and introduced himself as Nekomata, "Right, Kuroo mentioned that a friend would be coming to watch, that's no problem!"

"Thank you! Let me know if I can help out with anything."

"Hmm now that you mention it would you mind filling up the rest of the boys' water bottles? I think Kuroo had already gone ahead with the other half."

You agreed, seeing it was the least you could do for barging in on their practice.

Picking up the remaining water bottles and clutching them in your arms, you walked out of the gym and found the closest water fountain in the hallway. As you went to press down the button to release the water, a sudden gush of water sprayed out like a mini geyser, leaving your top half completely soaked.

You yelped in surprise, taking a step back and bumping into something hard and hearing the sound of bottles falling to the ground. You turned around to find that something was in fact Kuroo's chest.

"Chibi-chan?" Kuroo seemed just as surprised as you, trying to not let his eyes linger on your almost transparent blouse.

If you hadn't been trying to pick up the fallen bottles on the floor, you would've noticed the blush that spread on Kuroo's face.

You rolled your eyes at yet another one of Kuroo's cringy nicknames for you.

"Sorry Kuroo, I was trying to help out but this water fountain went 'splash zone' on me!"

He chuckled and helped collect the rest of the bottles. "No worries, everyone avoids this one since it's been broken for ages. But you can consider this your hazing ritual, y'know since you're new and all," Kuroo teased, flashing a canine smile.

"What a warm welcome," you responded sarcastically. You shivered slightly, Kuroo looking down your wet shirt, then quickly averting his gaze back up to your face.

"Do you have any spare clothes? I can grab them for you?"

You shook your head, "Nope, didn't have gym class today, besides I couldn't ask you to go out of your way to help me."

Kuroo unzipped his red Nekoma track jacket, and tossed it over your head. You pulled the jacket off your face, glaring at him.

"Put it on. Can't have you getting sick on me, my conscience wouldn't let me live it down knowing I killed one of Kenma's friends."

You laughed and zipped it on, his jacket being comically large on you. "Just a bit dramatic, don't you think?"

Kuroo began to lead the both of you back to the gym, "Not at all, Chiiiibi-chan," drawling out the end of his nickname for you.

You glared at the back of his head, already imagining the cheshire grin he had on his face.

"Perfect timing guys!" Yaku ran over, giving a quick quizzical glance at you in Kuroo's jacket before continuing, "Lev accidentally served a ball right to Yamamoto's face!"

You looked past Yaku to see Yamamoto spread out on the gym floor. You brought one of the water bottles to him and knelt beside him.

"Are you alright?"