02. "The night of the comet"

When Delilah woke up, she didn't remember the events of the previous night. That was until she saw the shirt she had used with blood all over it. Then, it hit her. Vicky. She got dressed and walked out of her room, bumping into someone. "Sorry." Jenna chuckled, not noticing the tired look on Delilah's face.

"Don't worry about it. Now, tell me the truth. Do I look adult? As in, respectfully parental?" Jenna asked, as she showed her outfit.

"Depends where you're going." She answered, knowing she needed more information.

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" She put her hair up.

"Sexy stewardess." She then put her haiw down, adjusting her curly hair. "Boozy housewife."

"Up it is." Jenna decided. "What's up with you today?"

"Nothing. Just a little shaken up by yesterday's events, that's all." Jenna nodded, as she brushed her hair in order to put it up. "Where is Jeremy?"

"Oh, he left early. Something about getting to woodshop early to finish a birdhouse." Delilah furrowed her eyebrows. Jenna realized quickly it was a lie. "There is no woodshop, is there?"

"No." Delilah answered, waving as she made her way to Elena's room, so they could leave for school together.

"Originally discovered nearly five centuries ago it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration." The Gilbert girl hadn't heard a word that came out of Mr. Tanner's mouth. Why? Because she was too busy looking at Stefan, who also couldn't stop looking at her. Apparently, Mr. Tanner was also looking at them. "Are we bothering you? Mr. Salvatore? Miss Gilbert?" Delilah shook her head. Not a second after, the bell rang, which made her smile, knowing she was saved by the bell.

"I brought it. I told you." Stefan and Delilah walked side by side, as he handed her a book.

"Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name." The girl looked at the book, happy Stefan remembered to bring it.

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms. It was the time. Female writers weren't very accepted then." She nodded, knowing he was right. She then looked up at him.

"Where did you get it?"

"Uh... it was passed down through the family." Delilah motioned to handing him the book back, but he shook his head. "I have a lot of books. Go ahead. Keep it."

"Oh, no, I..." She interrupted herself, deciding to take the book. He was offering, so why not? "You know what? I would like to read it again." She smiled, as she put the book in her bag. "I promise I'll give it back."

"Okay. Deal." Stefan smiled seeing how excited she was. He liked seeing her smile. Better yet, he liked that he was the one making her smile.

"This is your final warning. Don't ever get close to Delilah again. Or I swear to God I will kill you." When the brunette girl heard Jeremy's voice, she looked around, hoping to find him. She saw him near the football field, confronting Tyler. She walked over to them, but once she got there, Jeremy was already walking away. She called out his name, but he didn't look back. Her eyes diverted to Tyler.

"Really? He's fifteen! Why are you messing with him?" Tyler walked over to Delilah, grabbing her arm.

"D, let's go talk somewhere else, please. We need to talk." She immediately shook his hand off.

"No, don't touch me! We have nothing to talk about. I just came here to tell you to stay away from Jeremy, got it?" He tried to talk back but she didn't let him. "And in case it wasn't already obvious, we're done." She walked away, ignoring Tyler's attempt to call her.