03. "Friday night bites"

Delilah knew about Jeremy and Vicki, everyone knew at that point. But she didn't like Vicki one bit. Being Matt's best friend, she knew Vicki well enough to know she didn't want her around Jeremy. "You need to leave Jeremy alone, do you hear me? He has been through enough, he doesn't need you rejecting him and then suddenly wanting to hang out again. You're 18, he's 15. I can and will go to the police if you don't leave him alone." Vicki stared at the Gilbert girl in disbelief. She herself didn't like Delilah either. It was a mutual hate.

"I care about Jeremy just as much as you do. And I'm not playing him. You, on the other hand, must know what playing someone is, since it is what you're doing to Tyler, right ?" She smirked at Delilah, knowing she got on the other girl's nerves.
"Besides, you won't go to the cops, because if you do, I'll be forced to tell everyone about the drugs Jeremy has been doing. And you wouldn't want that, would you?" Vicki didn't wait for Delilah's answer and walked away. Delilah took a deep breath and turned around. She noticed Stefan walking towards her. She wasn't sure how they were after the kiss, so she just smiled politely.

"Morning, Delilah." Stefan had a smile on his face, so she figured everything was okay between them.

"Stefan, hey." She smiled back at him, however, the smile wasn't convincing enough. She was still worried about Jeremy.

"Is everything okay? You look a little worried." Stefan obviously noticed the smile wasn't honest.

"I'm having a dilema. I don't want Vicki near Jeremy, but if I go to the cops to report it I'll sell out Jeremy cause of the drugs. I just want him to be safe you know ? And Vicki is not a good person." She wasn't planning on talking about this with Stefan, but he asked, which was more than other people did. Besides, she felt like she could trust him.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." He rubbed his hand on her shoulder, as a way to comfort her. "Is there any way I can help?"

"I don't think so. But thanks for offering. It's really nice of you." Suddenly, they felt something coming from behind them. Stefan turned around quickly and just in time to catch the ball that was coming towards them. Delilah looked towards the direction it was coming from and saw Tyler was the one who threw it. He looked furious Stefan had caught it. Stefan waved at Tyler and threw the ball back. Tyler was taken aback and barely caught it, stumbling back a little. Delilah was officially impressed by Stefan.

"That throw was insane. I didn't know you played football." They were now walking in the hallway, heading to their next class.

"I used to. It was a long time ago."

"Well, you managed to impress me Mr Salvatore." Stefan chuckled as he looked at her. He was starting to like her more and more every day. "So why don't you try out for the team?"

"Yeah, I don't think so." He shook his head. He didn't think it was a good idea. Delilah obviously didn't understand the reason why.

"So you don't like football?" She asked, confused. How come he was so good at something he didn't like.

"No, I love football. It's a great sport. But in this case, I don't think football likes me. You saw Tyler over there, we both know how he feels." She chuckled as he stopped on her locker to get her books.

"He doesn't know you. For him, you're the new mysterious loner guy."

"No, for him, I'm the reason you broke up with him. He doesn't realize that maybe the real reason you broke up with him is because he's an asshole." Delilah sighed. She didn't want Stefan not joining the team because of Tyler. Especially if she was the reason Tyler hated Stefan.

"I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt trying. Just think about it."

"World War II ended in? Anyone got anything?" Delilah put her hand up in the hair in order to answer but Mr. Tanner ignored her. "Miss Juan? 1945." Delilah rolled her eyes and laid back on her chair. Mr. Tanner always did this. History was her best subject, but he didn't like students being good at the subject. So he always ignored her when she knew the answers. She turned around to talk to Stefan.