04. "Family ties"

"Scum ball. Scum bucket." Elena and Delilah walked in the kitchen and found Jenna furiously talking to the tv.

"Who are you talking to ?" Elena asked, while Delilah started making coffee.

"Him." Aunt Jenna nodded to the television, which was showing a guy named Logan Fell.

"The news guy?" Delilah asked, while still making coffee.

"Also know has Logan «scum» Fell." Jenna scoffed and took a bite of her toast.  "Did Miranda ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Delilah and Elena shared and look and chuckled.

"No way... you and him?"

"He's cute." Delilah added, as she handed a cup of coffee to the other Gilbert girl.

"He is not cute. There is nothing cute about him." Aunt Jenna turned off the tv and started another conversation with Elena, one Delilah was not paying attention to. Jeremy walked in, not bothering to speak to Delilah. He was still mad about being grounded.The door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Delilah walked over to the door and opened it. "Stefan, what are you doing here?"He walked in and smiled.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you about what you told me over the phone." She nodded and grabbed his hand, leading him to her room. "I'm really sorry Damon tried to kiss you. I don't know why he thought you would kiss him back. Ever." She sat down on the bed and sighed.

"It's okay. I don't think he'll try to do it again after I slapped him." She suddenly remembered there was something she wanted to talk to him about. "So there's this thing tomorrow, the «Founder's Party». Honestly it's a little boring but, as a Gilbert, I have to go. Would you like to be my date ?"

"They still do that?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Have you been before?" Delilah was confused. There was no way Stefan had ever been before.

"No, the Salvatores don't get invited anymore." He clarified, slightly nervous.

"Well this year there's this heritage project that meant a lot to my aunt.. She was really involved in the Founder's Council and it was her favorite party. I know it sounds really boring but..." Stefan interrupted her, smiling.

"I would be honored to accompany you miss Gilbert."

Stefan had already left when the door bell rang once again. Jeremy was the one to open it this time. Tyler's voice could be heard on the other side of the door. Delilah waited for Elena to talk to him, hoping he would leave soon. "D, can I talk to you?"

"I don't think she wants to talk to you dude." Jeremy said, blocking Tyler's way into the house.

"That's up to her to decide, dude." Delilah rolled her eyes and walked up to the door.

"Come in. Let's go to my bedroom." He didn't move which made her more impatient. "I suggest you come in before I change my mind." Once they were in the bedroom, Delilah walked to a corner of the room, so she wouldn't be too close to him. "What do you want ?"

"I wanted to apologize. I haven't been the best... friend to you. I know that now." She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"What game are you playing Tyler?" She wondered, as she leaned her back against the wall.

"Delilah, I swear my apologies are sincere. I have reflected a lot on my actions and I understand the severity of them." She didn't wanna bother herself by being mad at him. She could just be indifferent to his existence.

"Fine." Delilah shrugged. "You're forgiven. You can go now."

"Actually, I wanted to ask you to be my date to the party." She scoffed and chuckled. Unbelievable. He really was clueless.