Chapter 9: Untamable

Team White got the ball, as instead of guarding Nagi closely, Rin took a position to where he could react to anything he OR Isagi could pull off.

And taking advantage of that, Nagi began to sprint forward.

Azure: 'Nagi's taking initiative from the get go?'

Azure looked at Isagi, somewhat shocked.

Azure: 'Just what kinda player have you become to have that effect, Isagi?'

Chigiri seeing him get free immediately passed the ball to Nagi. Rin with his opportune spacing and timing went towards Nagi, ready to steal the ball if he did get it. At the last second, Nagi let the pass go through his legs, as it got to Isagi. Right after, Isagi made a pass that curved behind Rin to Nagi. Rin however didn't lag in the slightest, catching back up.

Nagi: 'He caught up? He still managed to read the play. In that case, I'll shoot!'

The sclera of Nagi's eyes turned black, which didn't go unnoticed by Ryu or Azure.

Ryu: Rin wait!

The white haired boy immediately controlled the ball with a kick that made it seem like he would shoot. Rin fell for the fake, sliding onto his back.

Nagi: 'I'll control it, and then-!!'

Nagi kicked the ball into the goal.

Nagi: 'USE MY TWO STAGE FAKE VOLLEY!'

Score: 2-2

Ryu: So, taking that sitting down? Me personally, I wouldn't let it slide.

Rin: ... Oh zip it.

Rin got up, with a light blue aura around his eyes.

Azure: Well I guess it's time to respond. I kinda forgot to make a statement last time, so here I'll make it a note.

Ryu kicked the ball to Azure, as they all ran up the field.

Chigiri: 'I'm not exactly sure he's gonna pass on this. I doubt Azure will wanna be the last one to score a goal.'

Ryu: You know Chigiri, there's a big difference between you and I when it comes to speed that I never really thought to exploit.

Immediately, Ryu stopped quickly.

Ryu: It's the fact that I can stop damn near instantly, whereas you have to gradually slow.

With his explosive acceleration, Ryu made a dash to the left side of the field.

Chigiri: 'He's right!'

Azure seeing this passed to Ryu, who trapped the ball in order to get better control.

Ryu: Alright, it's looking like you need a little something extra on this one.

Ryu passed the ball to Azure, as it traveled fast before dropping before Azure.

Isagi: 'What the hell?! A fast top spin pass?!

The ball dropped, as Azure got in front of Barou to get to it.

Azure: Thank you.

Barou ran towards after Azure, doing his best to stay on his tail as he prepared to shoot.

Barou: NO SHOT!!!

As Barou slid to block, Azure simply pulled the ball back, having faked the shot.

Azure: You know, it's fitting. A broken King is honestly meant to be on the ground. Bellow his new one.

Barou nearly blew a gasket, as Azure shot the ball.

Isagi: 'I-It's just crazy. Rin, Ryu, and Azure too. Those three have almost endless possibilities to score on their own, without Chemical Reactions!! And with Bachira acting as the passer, it's all but impossible to shut them all down!!