chapter four

amelias pov:

i walk into school the next day feel eyes on me but i just convince myself I'm being delusional. heather and her little clique walk up to me at my locker and try to talk to me "hey Amelia i heard about you begging for Brandt to kiss you at Miranda's sleepover" Becca says while smirking. what the fuck? "what are you talking about that never happened" i reply dumbfounded. "Brandt's going around telling everyone that you were being weird after he chose you at Miranda's" heather replies almost looking pityful. i grab what i needed from my locker put my hood up and walk away.

i walk into the bathroom and shut myself into a stall putting my head in my hands and start feeling angry, angry at myself angry at brandt angry at my parents angry that i have to go to this stupid school with these stupid people. i walk into first period and just sit there zoned out drawing on my hand. someone taps me and i look up to see a note in their hand. "from brandt to amelia DONT OPEN IF NOT AMELIA"

i look back at brandt who's smirking and open the note "amelia you look fine today" i almost start to smile but i look back and rip up the note into tiny little pieces as i smile at him.  class ends and i walk out but brandt catches up to me trying to talk. "did you read the note why'd you shred it?" he asks he must not know i know what he's been saying about me "sorry was i supposed to gush and be giddy about what you wrote when you've literally been going around talking about me?" i look at him and he's completely shocked " wha- how who told you that" he chuckles nervously. "oh my god brandt just shut the fuck up i wish i never even kissed you" i say frustrated and walk into the locker room for PE.

the school day ends and it was hell everyone was talking about me but i hope new gossip just comes in and wipes me clean. i get ready for lax training hopefully it will help me get rid of my anger. i get there and we have to train with the boys team too. i stand in line waiting for a drill while cradling the ball in my stick when someone taps on my shoulder. i turn around and surprisingly see a really hot guy.

"uh hi my names jackson i just wanted to say that your really good at lacrosse but you seem really mad are you okay?" he says while rubbing the back of his neck. "hi jackson I'm amelia you can call me lia and thanks but yeah I'm fine i just had a bad day is all." i reply truthfully-ish. "okay i know we don't know each other but I'm always here to talk if you need it." i strangely take an interest to this boy. "okay thanks would you want to go to the arcade after this or not that's totally fine too." i reply kinda nervous as i rarely am bold. "no no i want to definitely." he replies smiling. "okay cool ill give you my houses phone number and ill let you know." i inform him smiling as he smiles back i turn around and start my drill.

i get home an quickly get ready by showering putting on jeans and a croptop(imagine wtv y2k outfit you want) and doing a little more makeup than usual. i sit in my room anxiously clean until my mom calls me "amelia its for you" i run down the stair and quickly shoo my mom away as i answer "hello?" "hey its jackson" "hi i thought we could go around six" seeing as its 5:40 now. "yeah sure" "okay great" i say smiling. i apply perfume and ask my dad for 20 bucks and if he could take me to the arcade. driving there had to be the most nerve racking experience I'm so nervous.i get there and walk in and see him playing space invaders.

i walk over and greet him,"hi" "hey lia i kinda thought you stood me up for a second" he says nervously. "oh I'm sorry i didn't mean to be late." "its cool your here now". we end up playing and talking for about an hour before i start to get hungry. "are you hungry there's a really good pizza place just a block or two down?" i ask him "yeah i actually am and pizza sounds really good." he replies smiling. we walk to the pizza place and as we are walking he grabs my hand. i look up at him and look at our hands smiling from ear to ear. i interlock our fingers as we walk in a comfortable silence.

we make it there and i offer to pay since he bought my coins from the arcade but he declines and pays for me. "you didn't have to pay you know" i say looking across at him in the small booth. he smiles and says "i wanted to, no girl should have to pay for food or coins" i laugh a little as he joins me and we get our food. i ask i him if he wants to walk home with me since our houses are weirdly close by and he agrees. as we walk up o my how i spark a conversation "i had a really good time tonight with you jackson" "i had an amazing time with you too millie" "millie?" i question. "yeah i like it since everyone calls you lia" " i like it too" i reply smiling i look at his lips then his eye as he does the same i slowly lean in and touch my lips to his and gently kiss him it lasts for 30 seconds til i pull away and smile "goodnight jackson thank you" "night millie".

I get ready for bed with a huge smile on my face. the next day i wake up and realize i have to go back to school and face everyone.i immediately groan i get up and get ready i take my time getting ready and think about jackson. i wear a slightly more revealing outfit and get breakfast from downstairs. my dad drives me and i walk in i put my headphones in. i go to first period and its time for gym i put on my clothes and sit on the bench when brandt  comes to talk to me. "lia i didn't mean what i said i was just talking with dust-" "i don't care brandt go away" i see him through my peripherial vision sigh and scoot away. at lunch i sit with shuji when dustin and alex walk up to me."lia we don't know act you did with Brandt but can you at least hear him out he's like in love with you or something and now he's depressed because you won't even spare him a glance" dustin rants to me. i nod and they walk away i honestly start feeling bad.

at the end of the day i walk up to brandt who's sitting on his bike. "brandt?" he immediately snaps his head over and rolls his eyes looking away. "okay i get your mad at me but I'm only going to apologize for yelling at you your the one who needs to apologize and I'm willing to give you five minutes to talk." "amelia I'm sorry for spreading that rumor it just slipped out and it felt wrong as soon as i said it, i really like you and that kiss meant something to me but i want to do this right and not be a jerk about it so will you go to dinner with me on friday?" "thank you for apologizing because that kiss meant something to me too and i would love to go to dinner on friday" i say with a huge smile on my face and he mirrors it

layla speaks!!!
this wasn't checked over vv sorry for the slow updates. lmk if anything doesn't make sense or is confusing. comment and vote plsss