Chapter 7 - The morning after the night before.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Here it is I hope you like it! :) and it's not very long but after the last chapter of 7 pages I thought you might like a short chapter :) ~ Rebecca

********************

"Chapter 7 - The morning after the night before."

And then everything came back to me, everything that happened last night, everything I said, everything I did...

How could I forget Matt? He was so kind and caring, but I only just met him. Why did I trust him I hardly knew him? The worst part was I said I loved him, what was I thinking, yeah he was nice and good looking but, I just couldn't understand myself. I must have been so drunk last night, now that I had my rational brain back I could think more clearly, sensibly, rationally.

"Uh, Lauren are you there?" I heard Matt say, I was still on the phone to him, what should I do?

"Um, yeah I'm here. I, er, um. About last night? I just um, er. Yeah mum." I shouted in an attempt to make a distraction so I could hang up. "Yeah I'll be down in a minute to help you with the, um, rhino." There goes rational thinking. "Um Matt I've got to go, sorry, er, bye." I hung up before he had the chance to respond to my strange thinking, I mean I could of said cat or dog, but rhino?

I was a little shaken, in a way I was ashamed of myself, how could I be so stupid, I am never going to drink again, it just gets you into difficult situations.

I went back to my en-suite and took my shower, I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs to the kitchen, I grabbed some toast and quickly picked up my school bag and ran out the front door. I was already running late and I didn't want to see mum and dad just incase they knew what I did last night.

As I walked down my drive Xavier was sitting in his car, as he turned and saw me he got out hurriedly and came over to greet me.

"What the hell were you doing last night? What were you thinking? You went off with a complete stranger and didn't answer any of our calls." Xavier shouted at me, but then pulled me into a hug. "I'm just glad your safe, everyone was seriously worried about you. You do know that right? And why didn't you return any of our calls?" he said as he pulled out of the hug.

"I didn't see them. But anyway, why are you here?" I asked curiously.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay and not dead or kidnapped." Xavier said, he was serious which was odd, he usually jokes around. "Come on let's get to school, or we'll be late." He said quickly as he took my hand and dragged me to the car and opened my door for me.

"Thanks." I said.

"What for?" He asked me confused.

"For caring." I said, then an awkward silence fell over us it continued as we drove to school. I was dreading it, because Matt would be there and he'd probably be expecting me to be like the Lauren he saw last night, but that wasn't the real me.

------------------------------

When we arrived at school and I got out of the car, everyone of my friends that was at the club last night bombarded me with questions.

"Where did you go last night?" "What were you thinking?" "Who is this Matt person?" "Do you not have a brain he could have been a some weirdo who was going to try and kill you or worse?" "What possessed you?" "Are you okay?" "What did he do?" I wasn't claustrophobic, but I was starting to get dizzy and lose my balance. Ciara, Francesca and Cara ran up to us and diverted everyone's attention. They were the gossips in our school but were in year 12, not year 13 like us lot.

They were going on about a new person, it must have been Matt they were talking about.

As the 3 younger girls walked off to probably tell the rest of the school, again my friends crowded around me, but even closer this time. I started to black out.

I herd a voice shout, "Leave her alone!"

My friends backed away and as they did so the voice said worriedly,

"Lauren?"

My body went limp and I tumbled to the floor, but I didn't hit the ground, instead I felt 2 familiar arms catch me and a voice whisper into my ear, "Beautiful are you okay?"

********************

Hey 2 chapters in 1 day you guys are lucky! Lol :) I hope you are enjoying my book so far! Please continue to fan, vote and comment! Thanks guys! :D

Copyright © All Rights Reserved