1. Summer

Charlie's POV

I've never truly been a fan of summer.

It's all anyone in Clarence ever looked forward too. The days of constant sun again their skin, of wearing fewer layers of clothing and having to slap on sunscreen so you don't burn into a crisp. Nobody ever mentions the downsides: the constant, icky sweat, the restless nights, the scorching heat and, of course, the dehydration.

"How many times have a told you to keep your hands up?" Ace panted.

It's been six months since he had officially asked me out. To this day, I still couldn't really believe it. I, Charlie Harrington, was dating the notorious Ace Caldwell.

"Ughh!" I groaned, raising my gloved hands to cover my face.

One month into our relationship, Ace had the bright idea of converting me into a fitness fanatic. At first, I wasn't on board. I mean, who in their right mind, no offence, chooses to be fit? Then, I decided that it would be a pretty good idea to get into shape.

Ace threw off his drenched-in-sweat singlet, revealing his bare chest and abs, along with his tattoos.

"You ready?" He wondered, clapping his boxing gloves together.

I smiled at him. "Bring it, asshat."

He bit his bottom lip into a smile, slightly chuckling. "Are you seriously trash talking me?"

"You know you love it when i trash talk." I jested.

"Maybe just a little." He said as he stalked toward me.

Just as he had taught me, I kept my hands up, ready to block any move that he might make. Another rule, to keep my head up and keep my eyes on the opponent at all times.

He threw the first punch, aimed for my face. I blocked, my hands remaining upward to protect my face as he punched again.

Swiftly, I pulled my arm back and swung a fist his way.

He blocked with ease.

I shifted to the right, throwing another punch. After blocking, he swung his fist and jabbed me right in the face, causing me to fall onto the ground, the left side of my face tingling.

"Shit, I'm sorry." He breathed.

I was on the ground, panting, holding a hand to the point of impact where his fist had collided with my face, wincing at the numbing ache. While he was concerned about me, I was planning my next move.

Abruptly, I rolled over onto my back and swung my leg to take his out from under him, causing him to fall down onto the ground.

I stood up, and cheered victoriously. "In your face!"

I couldn't stop myself from doing a little victory dance. But victory was only temporary.

He stole my move and did a leg sweep of his own, causing me to fall to the ground next to him.

"Ow!" I gasped as my back collided with the ground.

"Hurts, doesn't it." He smirked from beside me. We both took off our boxing gloves.

Then he leaned in to kiss me.

I pulled away, holding a finger to his lips. "Do you admit that I beat you?"

His dimples showed as he groaned with defeat. "Fine, you beat me."

I smiled, removing my finger from his lips and slowly leaning in for a kiss before quickly jumping up off of the ground.