17. What Taylor Swift Song Are You?

Charlie's POV

I woke the following morning to the sound of Ella knocking on my door.

You're probably wondering why I was still here, and not back at home in the comfort of my own bedroom.

Well, I had realised last night that I may have been acting a tad dramatic. That, and the Uber driver who slightly resembled Santa Claus had told me that he didn't do trips outside of Los Angeles. I would have caught a bus, but I doubt any were running late at night to a town a few hours away.

I had spent an hour or so sat on the driveway with my suitcase, contemplating wether or not I should head on back inside. The only reason i ended up going back inside was because of a sketchy old guy who was walking back and forth across the footpath out front.

I didn't want to move. All I had wanted to do was lie around all day and maybe have a Harry Potter marathon.

"What Taylor Swift song are you?" She wondered, entering the room and taking a seat on the bed.

"What?" I groaned, still tired.

"What Taylor Swift song are you?" She asked again.

I thought that I was the weird one in our group, but my word, Ella seemed to say the most bizarre things at time.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, rubbing my eyes awake.

"Just answer it." She pressed.

"This is me trying." I gave her my answer as I pulled the blanket over my head.

"I feel like mine would probably be The Man or Karma?" Ella stated, not clicking on that I had just wanted to be left alone.

"I wonder which song Clayton would be?"

I honestly wish this bed could swallow me whole right now.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Do you want to go out for lunch? Just you, me and Clayton?"

I sighed, peeking my head through the blanket. "Did you tell Clayton what we talked about?" I asked her.

Maybe this was some kind of intervention or something?

"No.. I just, it's been forever since it was just us three." She explained.

It had been awhile since it was just the three of us. It sounded like a good idea, and it was just the thing I needed.

"Okay." I say, reluctantly getting out of bed.

This would be good for me. As long as I could get out of this house without seeing Ace, all would be well. I just couldn't deal with that right now, in fact, I am determined to avoid him at all costs until he quits being such a prick.

After having a quick shower and changing into appropriate clothing for today's weather, Ella, Clayton and I hopped into the car and headed to the nearest Café.

There, we sat down in an empty booth and ordered three mochas with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.

"So, what should we do today?" Clayton asked as I took a sip of my mocha through a paper straw.