Chapter 8

"Qui es-tu?! Je vais attaquer!" The girl yelled. She was wearing a long brown dress with colorful beads strung across to look like a sash. Her hair was a silky dark black and it was in two long cute braids.

"We don't mean any harm!" Teague said in a squeaky voice.

"Que faites-vous ici? Vous êtes des intrus!" The girl said.

"Uhh.....Yeah, Can you please help us? She is hurt badly. And we have no idea where we are. My name is Lilly, that is Teague, Maverick, and Haley." Lilly said, gesturing with her arms to show the girl what she was saying.

"Non! Nous apprend à ne faire confiance à aucun étranger!" The girl picked up a thick branch and lunged at Haley.

Teague grabbed the branch and threw it. Maverick came up behind her and jumped onto her back, binding her together as Lilly dragged Haley to a safer spot. "Laisse-moi!" The girl yelled. She struggled to get out of Maverick's grasp. "You're going to not try and attack us, you're going to look at Haley's foot and see if you can help her!" Teague said, struggling to keep the girl from hurting Maverick. The girl relaxed and looked at Haley who was on the ground in pain. "Je vais vous aider. Mais nous ne sommes pas des alliés." Maverick looked at Lilly then at Teague and then at the girl. He let go of her and she got up to look at Haley. The girl bent down next to C and she examined it. Haley's foot was covered with dry blood and her ankle had doubled in size with lots of colors around it.

They Followed C behind the Houses until she stopped and opened a door. They walked inside the small wooden house and the only things inside were three big fur mats on the ground, a chest in the corner, a few shelves on the wall with bottles and bowls filled with stuff, a campfire with a big black pot over it, and lastly a stone table with only two stone chairs. They laid Haley on a rug and put the bag in the corner.

"Mettre ici clothes on. I do hair. Je vais aider votre ami Aling." C said, handing Lilly and Haley dresses like hers and handing Maverick and Teague each a pair of old pants, a belt-shaped satchel, and some fur boots. Next, C gave them all brushes to use on their hair. She put Lilly's hair in a half up half down and Maverick and Teague had their hair messed up so it would look all matted and ugly.

Suddenly a Little boy burst through the door and headed to the shelves where he saw Lilly, Maverick, Haley, and Teague. "C qui sont-ils ?" The boy asked.

"LB, Ces gens sont mes nouveaux amis, tu seras gentil avec eux et tu ne le diras pas à maman, d'accord?" C answered. "

D'accord, mais je vous préviens. Maman ne le racontera pas bien." the boy said, as he went flying out the door.

"C? Who is that? What are you saying?" Maverick asked.

"C'est Lb. Mon frère. Je...parle Français, et je comprends l'anglais." C answered.

"It's a shame that Haley got hurt. She is really fluent in french." Teague said sadly.

"I can understand a little bit." Lilly said. "C? Will you take a look at Haly's wound? Can you fix it?" Teague asked quietly.

"Oui, mon ami." C said bending down. C unwrapped the cloth they had put on her ankle and froze. Haley's ankle was purple, red, and blue, the cut had dry blood around it and there was a yellow ooze coming out.

"Tu...veux...moi...guérir...son?" C asked quietly.

"Yes, what's wrong?" Teague asked worriedly. C didn't answer. She just picked up Haley and left the room. The three friends patiently waited for C to return. Lilly turned to say something, but instead, she saw Teague curled up in a ball.

"Teague? What's wrong?" Lilly asked. Teague just looked up at Lilly with a tear-stained face.

"Don't cry it's-" Lilly was interrupted by C coming through the door.

"Je lavee ton amis cheville avec du savon und...water. Elle souffre. We m-make... remedy." C said.

"C, what about your mother? Won't she see us?" Lilly asked.

"Non." C responded. For three days, they were up all day and all night, cleaning Haley's wound, feeding her, giving her a pain relief remedy, and making a cast to help her broken ankle. LB had warmed up to Lilly, Maverick, and Teague, and he had been a great deal of help. On the fourth day, Haley had gained a sense of what was going on.

"Where...are we?" She said quietly.

"Haley?!" Teague said excitedly.

"Haley?!" Maverick and Lilly followed.

"Haley!" They all exclaimed, jumping up to give Haley a hug.

"No, where are we? Who are they?" Haley asked, pushing her friends away.

"That is C and her brother Lb. They are the ones who saved you," Lilly explained.

"Nous ne pouvons pas prendre tout le crédit. All us.." C said politely. Haley just stared at C blankly.

"Ok, well now that you're awake we can get going." Maverick said cheerfully.

"Non, Elle a besoin de se...rest." C said quickly.

"Ok, I will rest." Haley said.

The rest of the week they exercised Haley's ankle and made sure that the wound was healing. Lilly decided to help C with her English, and they discovered that C and Lb's mother had decided to visit her friend in another village.

Lilly and C were having a blast because Lilly was learning French and C was learning English. "C, say Today I made breakfast for my brother." Lilly said.

"Today...I met breakfast for my......brother?" C said.

"Made. I made breakfast for my brother." Lilly repeated.

"I met breakfast for my brother." C said again.

"Made. Met. Mmmmmmm-ay-d. Made. Made. Made. MADE!" C said excitedly.

"Yes! You got it!" Lilly cried.

"You teach English good. Thank you." C said. For two weeks they gave Haley physical therapy and improved C and Lb's English. Finally, it seemed as if everything was coming together.

On Wednesday morning of the fourth week of Lilly, Maverick, Haley, and Teague Staying with C and Lb, C woke them up with shocking News. "I and LB plan to...run away. I want to see the world." C said.

"How are you going to live?" Maverick asked, sitting.

"We store food in that chest." C said, pointing to the chest in the corner.

"Lilly, Haley, Teague, wake up. Listen to what C has to say.

"Maverick, I thought I told you to never wake me up again!" Haley moaned.