Chapter five: Explanation (Sol's Perspective)

Sol was the last born of one of the most wealthiest and influential families in the country. Her mother was long gone, making her the only one in the house with the least amount of memories about her, making the young child feel she should rely mostly on her father but he never gave her the chance to.

Sol has four siblings before her. Simeon, her older brother who behaved exactly like his father, his carbon copy.

Simeon was the one and only sibling with whom she shared the first letter of her name with but she felt they were different in a lot of ways and had little to nothing in common despite being siblings or at least that's what she thought.

Simeon had a cold and aloof aura which made her compare him to those overbearing CEOs in those mindless romance novels that most of the females in her college fawned over and drooled for despite the fact that he was distinctly different.

Although, Simeon never abused her in anyway but his silence hurt a lot more than it did than when her father ignored her and she never questioned why. She knew the answer to that already. Simeon was always working and never loosened up. Maybe that's why he was always single but still, never searching.

Then there was Valerie, her most eldest sister and the first daughter of the family. Valerie was an equalizer when it came to dealing with various emotions. After being in and out of two marriages with two kids from the first husband, Valerie was someone who kept on surprising Sol but not in the wrong way.

With an expression that never softened towards her, Valerie looked like the female version of 'The Punisher'. She was soft on those who she considered family, which was everyone in the family except her while being very neutral to business partners and family (her father's) friends which is one reason she had few friends and was quite cold to outsiders.

There were times that Valerie treated her like a distant relative and there were times when she kept her at arm's length, far enough to reach and see but most of the times, she was always out of her sight. Not because she ordered for it but because she didn't want to fall in her line of sight.

Then there was the twins, Evan and Eva, the fashionista twins.

Ever since the twins were young, they were involved in the fashion business due to their very peculiar looks which they had gotten from both parents. If Simeon looked exactly like his father and Valerie like her mother then the twins were a blend of both. The best of both worlds.

Eva was a muscle maniac. Obsessed with unfeminine strength that seemed to do little to no damage to her natural sexual appeal. She was quite brilliant but Sol thought she lacked the ability to make an emotional judgement.

Eva, like the rest of her siblings, dealt in the affairs of the family business despite dabbling in the fashion world with her twin brother, and was able to make levelheaded and non-emotional decisions where they were most needed.

If Eva lacked emotional judgement, then Evan lacked emotion itself. A narcissist true to himself, Evan had no emotion to spare for those that weren't on 'his level'. He made brutal and level-headed business deals and decisions that no sane businessman could ever make while, earning and reaping benefits with a crazed smile. A mad man, they called him.

'Perhaps, that's why they call him the cold hearted?' Evan was just like Eva in a sense. They both flowed with natural appeal and sensuality that caused all who looked at them to look twice and gawk openly while forgetting dignity as though it didn't exist in the first place. Eye candy for the soul.

Sol mused at the sudden thought of her siblings. The fact that they were all around was not a good thing for her.

"Is he, by any means, coming back?" Sol muttered with dread as she limped back home with an astonishingly bruised figure, biting back the pain that ravaged her body as her blood stained her path with her every step.