26. Hidden Card

--------------------X---------------0---------------X---------------O------------------

TAEHYUNG-

The day Hae Ri told me everything, I saw the situation in a different light. I was not stopping her from leaving but maybe my needs, my wants were bigger than what I actually knew. Maybe she got an idea of how fucked up my life has been.

When you are always getting compared, all your success, your failures getting compared to your multi- billionaire brothers consecutively every fucking day. Then you seem to get insecured. The insecurities of not being enough has always eaten me from inside and I can't do anything about it.

This is my upbringing, hopefully my parents and brothers were always around to support me but that was not enough. This bullying by my colleagues, my office mates, some friends I am ashamed to even call my friends, have been there and will always be around, in my mind, in my heart, stuck with me for life.

I can't seem to get this thing out of my head, I have been stupid enough to let a break-up sink in so deep within me that it was almost difficult for me to come out from it.

The thing which hurt me more was not the break up, I realized it now... No, I realized it the day I openly admit it before her.

She left me, she drifted apart from me herself as soon as I entered in a relationship. She got more close to Jungkook. I don't complaint about that, but the fact did not just settle with me. And then her confessing she loves someone so dearly that she can't even express in words, the someone so unknown, the someone was me all along.

I realize everything, the kiss on my balcony, her wearing my favorite perfume, her wearing yellow more just because I complimented her once, her keeping her hair long because I liked them that way, her being so supportive of my relation with Hae Ri because I was happy.

But was I really happy?

I hated her because she sent me away, she chose Jungkook and Hae Ri over me, she kept on hiding her feelings for me, she always showed me her best side and me being the jackass of the universe kept on hurting her although she was going through such a difficult phase.

And today, I promise to bring her back, bring my cheerful Y/N back, bring my beautiful soul back. I remember how she has always been with me, even in the last five years. She never uttered a single word against me and took every ounce of hatred like an Angel she is.

My Angel... I am not gonna deny the feelings I have for her,
It has always been her, since the start... Not Hae Ri, but her. And I have to do everything in my power to win her back, to bring her back to life safely.

I LOVE HER.

And if I have to burn down the whole Kim empire for her I'd gladly do, if I have to burn myself in order to save her, I'd happily sacrifice me. I need to rectify everything I did wrong intentionally or unintentionally.

"Tae, we need you here." I hear Jimin's voice as I turn my attention back to them, they are currently planning to save her on the exact date of her contract ending. It's a few months away and I can't wait to take her back in my arms. I know I'm being selfish, I am not the one to break Jungkook's heart by admitting my love for her, but one glance at Jungkook and I know he's changing, someone's changing him.

I hope he finds his true love in Yujin. The girl surely adore him.

"Be right there," I say pouring another glass of whiskey for me. It was a decent hour in the evening and I need to be at the party hosted by that bastard soon. I have to collect every ounce of courage to face her again.