Two: Salad Bar Savior

✧˚ · .

Salad Bar Savior

I swear I've dozed off twice already. Make it now three times before Stefy jolts me awake by elbowing me. And I thought Father Paul couldn't get anymore boring. Hearing him drone on during class is one thing, but hearing him lead morning mass was a snooze fest. I'm not joking. I look over to my right and see a kid from my first period a couple seats down snoring faintly. Stefy and I quietly snicker once she notices him too.

After getting about seven chapters into my book last night, I then proceeded to get bored and sneak down to the kitchen where I stole a bottle of some old fancy wine I'm sure my parents have been saving for over a decade.

"Before we close our service this morning, I would like to introduce to you our new brother in the clergy–" I pray a little myself once I realize it's finally almost over. I don't know how I'm going to suffer through this everyday. I resort to staring at my skirt and playing with the little string I forgot to cut off while hemming it last night. "Father alexander. It is a blessing you are here with us."

My brother is the one who actually taught me how to use a needle. He used to help the old ladies who sat outside the local strip joint make their grandkids dance costumes. They also helped fix some of the strippers outfits if there was ever a rip or tear.

"Holy shit." Stefy whispers next to me. It wasn't until I looked up that I realized why. Father Alexander. He was young for a priest. Well at least compared to the rest of the old rags that work here. Sorry auntie. He's also tall. Very tall. His hair was deep brown, almost black, and I was close enough to tell he had brown eyes and the usual god sculpted jaw that would make any person drop to their knees. He looked confident with the small smirk he had on his face. He probably knows every student including the rest of the staff are practically making heart eyes at him.

"He's fucking hot," she fawns. I've noticed some of the other students who were not so interested just seconds ago have also seemed to now wake up and drool. There was something oddly familiar about his presence. I know I've never seen him before anywhere. Though my memory is nothing to rely on nowadays. But if one thing's for certain, it's that I would never forget a face like his.

Father Paul steps aways from the podium giving a chance for Father Alexander to step up and speak. "The blessing is all mine, father, and thank you for the generous greeting. Now, I won't hold you guys here much longer, I know you're just dying to get back to your studies." Soft laughs and whispers flowed like a wave over my peers. "I just wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to my students as well as my fellow educators."

He talked seriously but knew how to hold attention at the same time. He was no stranger to public speaking, that's for sure. But there was still that nagging feeling of familiarity to me about him. Something I couldn't pinpoint...

"My apologies, I'm aware that I'm arriving just a bit late into the semester, but I assure all of you my one and only mission here is to help carry on and maintain a legacy devoted to our one and only savior."

"Legacy?" I whisper over to Stefy, assuming she'll already know anything and everything there is to know about our new priest.

And of course my assumption was right.

"Alexander Williams, his great-great-great whatever was supposedly the first bishop of St. Alexander's. Alexander's father was supposed to join the clergy after his uncle, but shocker, because of Alexander, never did. I mean what priest do you know of that has a kid? Anyways, no one ever expected Alexander to but thank god he did. Apparently, no one expected him to look like that either."

My eyes never leave him as she continues to spill random facts about him and the Williams bloodline into my ear. I desperately dig through the memories in my mind as I try to remember how and why everytime he speaks it puzzles something in the back of my mind that I don't know how to piece together.