✦ › ♡˖°꒰ chapter four◞ ̑̑

YEONJUN's POV,

i walked alone down the hallway, my eyes searching for someone, and every step i took was accompanied by heavy breathing.

i couldn't help feeling uneasy because i hadn't seen him since yesterday. he said he would adjust so instead of me doing his ridiculous punishment, he distanced himself from me and didn't show up.

i couldn't help but close my eyes in disappointment and blame myself for impulsively kissing him on the cheek. if only i had restrained myself, we would be together right now, happily talking and laughing.

as i arrived at the cafeteria, i scanned the room and my face brightened upon seeing the person i had been looking for. however, my smile quickly vanished when i saw him with someone else- choi soobin.

i couldn't help feeling irritated, and my mood soured at the sight. they were sitting together, laughing and chatting, and soobin was even feeding him. i saw ketchup spill from soobin's sandwich onto beomgyu's hand, and then soobin took his hand, wiped it with a tissue, and kissed it.

i could tell from beomgyu's expression that he was uncomfortable with what soobin did, and he quickly took his hand back and awkwardly laughed.

without wasting any time, i walked towards them and sat next to beomgyu on his left, surprising the two of them. i smiled at beomgyu and then turned to soobin, giving him a questioning look.

"choi soobin, right?" i raised an eyebrow and asked him.

he paused for a moment and then nodded, "yeah, and you?"

i smiled at him, but it was fake. "i'm choi yeonjun, and i saw what you did to beomgyu. tell me, who are you to kiss him on the hand?" i narrowed my eyes at him.

he didn't respond right away. i saw beomgyu glance at both of us, his eyes pleading with me to stop, but i was stubborn and didn't listen. i was so mad right now as i didn't want to share beomgyu's attention with anyone else.

it may sound selfish, but i've never been the type of person to share what i believe is mine from the beginning.

soobin grinned at me, "mr. choi yeonjun, who do you think you are?" he retorted.

i raised my eyebrows in surprise but quickly grinned, ready to answer, but beomgyu beat me to it, and i couldn't believe what he said.

"enough," beomgyu interrupted and then turned to soobin, smiling apologetically. "i'm sorry, soobin. please forgive my friend's behavior towards you, and if he offended you."

i felt like a bucket of cold water had been poured over my head as i heard beomgyu's words.

were we really just friends?

why hadn't he told soobin the truth?

the irritation i felt earlier turned into pain, and i looked at beomgyu, who met my gaze but quickly looked away. he stood up and bowed to soobin, apologizing again. i felt a pang of jealousy and hurt, realizing that maybe i wasn't as important to him as i thought i was.

oh, wow.