𝐈𝐕. 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐔𝐏

"Raven

"Raven... I should go."
She hurriedly put her shirt back on, although the excruciating pain every time she moved seemed to get worse.
"Perez."
She was yet to receive a response. Instead, she received silence from the girl in front of her, who couldn't even bear to face up at her.
"Perez. C'mon, just stay with me. We can talk about this."
She shook her head, closing the door behind her. The girl almost stepped onto what Jackson had left outside for her.

Painfully, she bent down to pick up the bandages. The door swung open as she finally had them in her grasp to get back up slowly. A pair of arms gently helped her efficiently onto her feet, and before she knew it, the door closed again.
...
The streaks of orange seeped through the metallic blinds that covered the small window in the corner of the room. She rubbed her eyes several times, shifting her position to observe the brown-haired girl with her eyes sealed shut. For once, she looked so peaceful.

She hesitantly got up, swinging her legs out of the bed to touch the cold floor. Unaware that the other girl had woken up, she zipped her boots up and twisted her head to the side, hoping to hear some crack from her joints.

"Hey."
Perez attempted to stand up, using the side of Raven's bed as support.
"We should meet the strike team."
Raven gulped, sensing the tone in the other girl's voice.
"You kind of shut down on me yesterday. What's up?"
Chloe walked over to the bench to grab some equipment.
"Nothing."
"Look. If you want whatever this is, I'm in. But I'm not going to play games. So figure it out."
Raven told the girl that she was getting ready to leave the room.
"That's real funny coming from you."
"Now, hurry up. We have a war to win."
She clenched her jaw, grasping the knob of the door.
...
{In the Woods}
"Hey."
"What do you want?"
The young warrior deadpanned, not even bearing a look towards the blonde speaking to her.
"I'm changing your mission. You're not going to the mines with Indra. I'm placing you in the rear guard, where you'll be safe."
"Like hell you are. I don't take orders from you. I take orders from Indra."
The Blake spoke, her sword resting threateningly in her left arm.

"I'm trying to protect you, Octavia."

"Protect me?"
Octavia grimaced at the words that slipped from Clarke's mouth.
"One day, hopefully, you'll understand what I did."
Clarke immediately spoke back.
"Never. I'll fight this war with you now because I want our friends back. But after that, we're done."
Octavia spat, picking up the pace to walk in front of Clarke to avoid any more small talk.
...
"3 down, 2 to go. As soon as I'm done, you set the detonator."
Raven told the girl beside her.
"I know the plan, Raven."
The moment Raven knelt down to work on the start of her plan, she paused.
"Fine. Jeez, you can tell me a dam joke already."
Except she received nothing, all she could hear from behind her was Chloe's shallow breathing as the other brunette worked on what Raven had assigned her to do.
"Get it? 'Dam' joke?"
She remarked playfully.
"I got it. Your jokes are terrible."
"They are not."
"They are. Now concentrate; we don't have all day."
She spoke sternly, causing the mechanic to clench her jaw tightly.