Ch 23: Halloween

Peyton pov:

"Thank God we're free." I complained, walking out of school with the others following.

"Halloween night!" Matt yelled, more so barked. Him and Cam were in high spirits for the holiday.

"We're still putting on costumes right?" Cam asked me. I nodded my head and received a giant hug.

"I'm gonna slut it up. Give me some Cammy." He held his hand up and smiled when she gave him a high five. We piled into Kenji's car but waited for a moment.

"Why aren't we moving?" Matt was impatient as always. Kenji pointed to the girl coming up to the car.

"Hey guys." Nia got in the back with the two, giving us all a friendly smile and wave.

"Que?" Cam looked at me but I was just as confused.

"Oh right. Kenji asked me to help with costume makeup." We all understood. Nia was in the VFX department in school, she's meant for this.

"Awesome. Thanks for the help." Kenji took off and we drove to Matt's place, needing all the space possible.

The three in the back talked while I texted Ella, laughing when she sent a meme or cute message. She'd be at the party and dressed up. I wasn't allowed to know till I got there.

Arriving at Matt's place we jumped out of the car and rushed inside, all of us full of giggles. We greeted his mom quickly and made our way to the basement. She promised to give us sandwiches while we worked.

We all kinda took separate corners to work on our outfits and prep for the party. Grabbing my bag I switch into my outfit first, my makeup and other accessories wouldn't be as hefty.

Black leather pants, black lifted boots, and a loose and unbuttoned black blouse. I tousled my hair till it was the right amount of messy yet tamed. As soon as I left the bathroom I was pushed out of the way as the two idiots fought over the room.

Grabbing the fake teeth I worked on trying to figure them out. Kenji came over and helped me. He had some white contacts in to make his eyes seem completely white. He set the mold and pushed the fake teeth over my canines, holding them in place for me.

After a while they set and I didn't need his fingers in my mouth. He went to Nia and let her finish his make up. Slipping on some rings and necklace I fit into the modern vampiric role.

Cam came out of the bathroom first, they went in together. She pranced over to me in a slutty and way too short tattered blue and black dress with a red cloak hanging over it. She had some fishnets stockings and heeled boots to pull the outfit off.

"What do ya think?" She gave me a little twirl, playing the innocent little girl well.

"That you look slutty?" She pumped her fist in excitement, agreeing with me. She went off to go do her makeup, giving herself a dark and smokey look.

"Need help?" Nia offered me a smile. Taking her up on the help offered I let her do what she needed.

Not being one for much makeup I didn't dabble in it often. Most times it was for shows and to just make my eyes look darker. Nia was different, she knew everything.

She started by covering up some bruises and marks. Then she did something to make the circles under my eyes look heavier while making my eyeshadow look dark and broody. She even put this weird stuff in the creases of my eye to make it fill out with black. She even gave me fake puncture wounds on my neck and painted my nails black.