[34]

When she saw Finn grab a torch she knew exactly what he was thinking. "Hey! Do you even realize how fucking insane you're acting? You need some actual fucking help."

"This wasn't part of your plan-"

Diana scoffed. "He never had a fucking plan."

"I'm changing the plan." Finn whispered, he attempted to walk away but Diana grabbed him.

"Listen, Spacewalker, you know that if you kill these people, the other Grounders will want you dead... and I'm not gonna play your peace game this time, I could care less if they gut you in front of me. You're making the wrong decision."

"I don't have to take orders from you, Kane." Finn stepped up to get in her face. "You seem to forget all the time that you've killed people as well."

Diana shook her head. "I did that to save my mother, you don't know anything about me."

His eyes narrowed, head tilting. "Right, how well did that go?"

She lunged forward, only to be held back by Murphy. "I'll fucking kill you myself."

Finn ran off with the torch, throwing it into a small structure that held the villagers' food supply. As the hut went up in flames Diana watched as the people frantically called out and rushed to put the fire out. She was reminded briefly of the dropship camp, how their smoke house had burned down. She followed after Finn and Murphy quietly.

A man came out of the building next to them, shouting out to his people before Finn hit him in the head with his gun. "What the hell, Finn!?"

"We need to run-"

"We can't, they'll kill our people."

"They aren't here, Spacewalker."

"They'll kill us."

Diana laughed. "Finn doesn't care about anyone but his princess, even when Raven is in The Ark, dying." She spat the cruel words at him think maybe he would snap out of his delusion.

Finn picked the man up before moving into the village, firing rounds off into the sky.

Diana's eyes went wide. "No."

"Who's in charge here?" He demanded.

"Finn stop!"

He shoved the man to his knees, the villagers wept and screamed. "I'll ask again,  who's in charge?"

A man stepped forward, his dark hair braided in sections and pulled away from his face, he came closer with caution. "Our leader isn't here. You can deal with me." He spoke calmly.

"Nobody has to get hurt. We just want our people back." Finn told the man.

He shook his head. "We don't have your people."

"Then you won't mind if we take a look around."

"No, you heard him, Spacewalker, they're not here. Now let's go." Diana said as she moved up. "We have to go Finn, now." She looked up at the man, he was already looking back down at her. "We'll leave, I'm sorry about your food. Finn, now." She pulled on his arm, he yanked away.

"I said I don't take orders from you."

——

It was morning now, Finn was still searching for nothing. Diana sat next to a the group of villagers who were sat inside a fence. She was exhausted and angry, she was in pain from the gunshot wound in her stomach. He ran from hut to hut, though none of them were big enough to hold all of their people.

You've reached the end of published parts.

ā° Last updated: Apr 19, 2023 ā°

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!