ESNY, seven

IMESSAGE
__________________

CLARA, clara 💌
HARRY, h!

h!
knight!

clara 💌
styles!

h!
are you free tomorrow night, by any chance?

clara 💌
i should be, why?

h!
i was going to suggest we finish ever since new york, since the only thing we have left to do is to record the vocals. that way, by the time we finish mixing everything, the whole album will be done and released by friday :)

clara 💌
okay, sure, that sounds great!
i'm so excited, i can't believe your first solo album is debuting at the end of the week!

h!
every time you say that, it makes me more nervous.

clara 💌
h, don't be nervous. it'll be fine, trust me.
all of the tracks are amazing, really.

h!
what if people don't like them?

clara 💌
they will! from what you've played me, i can already tell they're all masterpieces.

h!
thanks cee, but the whole record is so different from one direction. i'm just so nervous, none of it is like anything we did in the band. i'm not used to being so vulnerable in music, especially now that i'm the only one carrying the songs.

clara 💌
harry, stop overthinking it.
you'll be alright.
i promise.

h!
it's hard not to overthink it, though.

clara 💌
look, i understand why you're stressing about it, and your nerves are one hundred percent justified, believe me. but i'm telling you, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. what are you so scared of?

h!
the whole idea of my debut as a solo artist. will people like the record? what will they say about it? how will they react now that i'm releasing my first album since the band? how do i make people like my music? i mean, what if i'm not good enough, clara?

clara 💌
harry, please don't think that you're not good enough. you are genuinely the most capable person i know, and if anyone can handle this, it is you, one million percent.

if people don't like it, and unfortunately there will be people that won't like it, that's their problem, and you don't have to prove, to anyone, that your work is amazing and worthy of success.

your fans that have followed you from the band haven't given up on you, and i guarantee you, you'll generate a new audience from this album. h, a lot of people will love your music.

even if you don't get the response you want, at least you put something that's wholly yours out there and tried. you should be incredibly proud of yourself harry, because a lot of people are, including me.

h!
you think so?

clara 💌
i really do.