Chapter 2

Sandbite was looking for Hazelkit, but she couldn't find him anywhere, he had just vanished! Sandbite had started to get worried on where he could've went, then it jogged into her memory as she remembered a conversation she had with Hazelkit a couple days ago: Hazel is probably looking for the thunderpath! Sandbite swiftly ran towards the direction of the thunderpath, hoping she won't be too late...

Hazelkit had trotted close to the thunderpath and stared at it silently for a couple of moments, before he mumbled to himself:

"I thought it would be more interesting than this..." Hazel looked slightly disappointed. He slowly decided to walk on it - first hesitantly placing one paw, then the other. He stayed in the middle of the thunderpath, not knowing what he should do. In the distance, there was something moving towards Hazel, but he hadn't noticed a single thing.

Then everything just happened in the blink of an eye: Hazelkit felt himself being pushed hard as he landed on the other side of the territory as he heard a loud bang behind him. As the kit looked back at the scene, his expression shifted into a horrified one, as he was also shocked by what he saw:

His mother layed there on the thunderpath, blood dripping from her mouth and legs, it looked like a tree had squashed her, but that wasn't the case, as it was a "monster" that ran over her. Now she just layed there, breathless, not even making a single movement.

May starclan let her rest...