13 ~ Leech Charmer

A/N: Ahaha so... completely involuntary break I'M SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING finals took a bit out of my life but I'm back now!!! Also I guess sometime while I was gone this hit #1 in floydleech so YIPPEE!!! Hope you guys are enjoying so far!

'Not again.'

Yuu awoke, finding herself just as in love with Floyd as she was before she met him. That is, not at all. She thought maybe this time would be different. She held out hope. But here she was again, feeling purely platonic feelings for him.

She slowly made her way down to the lounge. It was the weekend, so she didn't have many obligations today. A familiar furry creature scuttled across the ground to her feet and her mouth curled into a small smile.

"Good morning, Grim. You're up early."

He tapped her leg with his paw. "That's 'cause something weird happened!" Yuu tilted her head questioningly, and Grim continued, "I thought I heard someone sneakin' around and at first I thought it was you, but you were asleep! And it couldn't be the ghosts, so I came down here to investigate!"

The prospect of someone sneaking around Ramshackle while she was asleep was alarming, to say the least, but she couldn't resist the opportunity to poke fun at Grim. "Wow, since when are you brave enough to try and tackle an intruder on your own? What if it was a murderer or something?"

Grim let out a quiet yelp, though he quickly shook away the thought. "Grim the Great is always prepared to take down anyone who threatens Ramshackle!" he proclaimed. "But back to what I was sayin', I didn't catch them, but they left a note over here." He walked over to the small table by the entrance to the dorm.

Yuu followed him and picked up the scrap of paper, her eyes scanning over it with surprise.

'Please avoid seeing your boyfriend today'

"That's... concerning," Yuu finally spoke after reading over it several times. That was her plan anyway, to avoid him since she was in one of her 'out of love' moods, but who would sneak in just to leave this? "And they didn't do anything else?"

Grim shook his head. "I don't think so. They left pretty quickly."

She stared at the piece of paper a few more times before putting it in her pocket and squatting down to Grim's level, ruffling the fur between his ears. "Thanks for catching this. It's good to know at least one of us has good enough hearing to catch intruders."

"Of course! That's why you're the hench-human and I'm not, after all! I'm just better!"

"Mmhm, yeah, you are," she chuckled.

After a few more seconds of boosting his ego and lavishing him with praise, she stood, moving to the kitchen to brew some tea. She was trying to figure out who could have left that note. Who would want her to avoid her boyfriend?

Her phone pinged and she glanced over to see a text from Floyd.