21 ~ Artificial

Floyd glared at the ceiling above him, absolutely seething. The only time he had seen Jade over the last few days was at lunch. Even at night he didn't return to their shared room which frustrated Floyd even more knowing where he likely was. She was his girlfriend, so why would Jade interfere?

"Can it really be called a crush if it's reciprocated?"

He sat up. It was clear that Yuu had been free from the influence of his potion for the past few days, but Floyd wanted to see it for himself. He wanted to see how she acted around Jade.

And as much as it infuriated him to admit, it seemed like his dear twin brother was no liar.

He couldn't handle witnessing the way the two would banter anymore, so he would go make another potion. Right now. He didn't care that Jade and Azul knew what he was doing. He just wanted his Little Shrimp. Not even bothering to throw on his lab coat, he stormed to the Octavinelle potion lab, collecting the required ingredients and shoving them all into his backpack on the way. 

Reaching the lab, Floyd was just about to take out the ingredients when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, something that he could have very easily missed if he wasn't so on edge.

A little camera tucked away inside of a potted plant. 

Floyd felt fury pulsate throughout his body as he stormed towards the camera. Even if he wasn't doing anything suspicious, he hated being watched. Anyone who was watching him would pay the price. 

Another thought flew through his mind that made him want to destroy everything in sight: Jade probably planted the camera. He probably wanted to show Yuu proof of what Floyd was doing and steal her from him. Thank the Sevens he trusted his instincts and didn't pull out his ingredients before checking the area. 

He picked up the camera, making sure it was capturing him before showing off his serrated teeth in a grin. "Hey," he spoke, his lighthearted tone matching his grin, "I don't like being watched. Don't pull anything like this, EVER again, unless ya wanna get squeezed." After the last word, he poured all of his rage into his fist and crushed the camera. Tossing its remains into the trash, he dusted off his gloves before getting to work.

Meanwhile, in Ignihyde, Idia was positively quivering with fear. He knew the threat wasn't directed at him, but that creepy smile of Floyd's was so scary! There was a reason he didn't mess around with Octavinelle. 

"Guess I should tell Mega Extrovert Cater about this," he muttered to himself, pulling out his phone to message Cater what footage he had managed to grab.

In Heartslabyul, Riddle was forcing the freshmen to have a mandatory study session, instructing the upperclassmen to guide and watch them. Cater pressed a hand to his mouth, letting out a long yawn. He would much rather be scrolling Magicam than this, but Riddle's word was law in Heartslabyul. 

When his phone got a ping, though, he reflexively pulled it out. His heart palpitated at the sight of a text from his fiery-haired classmate, and he glanced up to assure Riddle wasn't watching before opening the message. The only thing attached was a video. Cater wasn't sure if he should watch it by himself, or wait for Ace. There would be no getting Ace out of this study session, considering how poorly he did on his last few tests, but Cater couldn't bear the anticipation. 

"Hey," Trey spoke, startling Cater. He quickly jammed his phone in his pocket, letting out an awkward laugh. "I was just gonna say you looked kinda tense, there..." 

"Haha! Don't worry, Trey-Trey, it's..." Cater trailed off, remembering that they told Trey about their little investigation. He realized that in his hands, he held potentially the only thing keeping this whole problem from going to the Headmage.