💚Late night cuddle bug<3☁️💕💝👀

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter because I was hit with a RUSH of motivation and found something cute that I shall now write about. Reader has been having some sleepless nights due to fearing sleep mixed with exhaustion, comes in looking for sleeping remedies and getting cuddles instead. Hope you guys enjoy (Howdy is literally the best wtf)
⚠️ Self image issues, self doubt, sleep paralysis, fear of the dark

It was a quiet night, deep blueish purple that coated the sky with is shimmering stars as the moon illuminated your room. You had to think of such things, if the creak you heard was from Home, if you would have that same dream again. If the comment you made was too weird, if your fumble the other day was stupid, if others though bad of you because of the way you were, why are you the way you are? Why did it keep haunting you when you closed your eyes, you were terrified, checking every few seconds if you could still move your body, effectively throwing you out of sleeping. No matter what you tried it still haunted you, it said incoherent things, looming over you with a weapon, holding it above you, taunting you, narrating you with words of your past. You moved, you left your own home just to be stuck in the same spot again. "Ok, this clearly isn't working me, I should just see if Howdy's still awake, maybe his shop has some sort of remedy." And that's exactly what you did, still wearing your sleep shirt, way longer than any normal shirt you had, and slipped on your fuzzy slippers as you grabbed your pillow and tracked down your stairs, opening the front door and being immediately nervous of how dark it was out.

You convinced yourself it was ok, eyes wider than ever before as you made your way to Howdy's shop, He was so sweet to you and you were sure he would have something, if he was even awake. As you approached the front door you heard rustling, and it scared you into it, the bang hurt your head but the shuffling only got louder as you started to knock on the door, just a bit more frantically than you anticipated, your back to the door as your fears overcame you. No the neighborhood's safe, safe, safe, you're safe, but you aren't what if something was going to harm you? As you began to freak out your eyes didn't adjust quick enough, the dark almost felt consuming. Then you heard a slick behind you and fell backwards, only to be caught by three arms, your pillow caught by the other, "Gee, what's got you so skittish little peach?" You looked up at him and the noises seemed to have stopped, "You alright? What brings you around so late?" You snapped back to reality as he picked you up and placed you back on your feet. "I um, I just hoped you were still awake because I just can't sleep," you fiddled with the buttons of your large sleep shirt, a bit embarrassed by your irrational fear. "No trouble at all, what's bothering you?" He seemed so nice, he sure was the right person to go to for this, as stupid as you felt it was. When you finally actually looked at him, you noticed the slight disheveled bed head he had, and the distinct lack of a hat, and the actual pajamas he wore, surprisingly he was wearing a shirt with distinctly big holes on either side allowing for all four of his arms to be free to move, it was quite cute really.

"Well, I've been having these vivid nightmares and I was wondering if you had something for them?" He laughed and pulled you inside, placing your pillow back in your arms, "Sure do, care for some tea?" You were a little confused but nodded anyway, he locked the door behind you and walked through his store front, asking you more questions "How long have you been having this problem for?", "Months" you responded, he looked back at you smiling "But you've waited this long to tell me?" It was strange, he spoke so warmly about helping you. "You like cherries? They help with sleep." You nodded, it wouldn't hurt to try after all. "Oh this might help, oh and I know you like these, that probably wont work." He thought aloud as he scanned every inch of his store, it had all the amenities you could possibly need in the neighborhood. When he cam back he was carrying teabags, cups, cherries in a bowl, and an unopened snack, "This should work, head upstairs with me, we can sit on the couch and talk." His voice was so soothing, you could probably sleep with him just talking to you if it weren't for your fear.