🍎Can't be split<3 🥀❤️💝

SO! This is part two of "A clumsy Confession" because it was requested by RandomThingsOfMine and I NEEDED to write about it! The next one will be a Howdy x Reader and those are (lucky for me) decent requests I can TOTALLY work with.

Now I am a huge fan of the theory Home is controlling Wally in some way and I really wanted to portray that here.

Trigger warnings! : Light mentioning of blood and broken limbs, mentions and description of abuse. This chapter may not bode well for victims of abuse, you have been warned

It was another great day in the neighborhood, sweet breeze, calm clear blue skies, and the looming feeling of uncanny that was usually felt. But as you went to open up your window, there was a call on your landline. "Hello?" You said, wondering who was on the other line as soon as you woke up. "Hello Neighbor, I love you~" you chuckled, hearing the familiar voice, "Hi Wally, good morning. Are you coming over for breakfast again?" Then his flat laugh was heard over the phone, "Ha, Ha, Ha, yes I can't wait to be near my darling.". This had become a more normal occurrence since you two started to date, him coming over for breakfast, but then some days, when Wally mentioned something, no, anything about home, you wouldn't see him for a few days.

But then again, this would happen even when you weren't dating, your other neighbors seemed to be calm enough about it so you didn't make much of a fuss. However, the fact the breaks were becoming more rapid and Home would refuse to open the doors. So you decided if things got that extreme again you would have to sneak around, using the night as a shield from Home's prying eyes. But for now, you wanted to prepare a nice meal for you and Wally. As you rushed down your stairs into your wildly colorful kitchen, you immediately opened the cabinets and pulled out slices of bread, running to your fridge to grab everything else. Bacon, Eggs, Toast, and some selection of fruit juice, made a wonderful breakfast almost anybody could/would be proud of.

As you set the table and set the bacon and eggs to separately cook, there was a knocking at the door. Perfect timing! "Come in! The door's open!" In walked Wally, smiling from ear to ear as usual. "Hey." He shuffled over next to you, "Can I help?" The way that he carefully watched you was as if he had no idea what you were doing, which makes sense since usually you already have the food ready when he gets there. "Of course, you can, help me set the table and then I'll get us a drink, want one?" He shook his head "No I'm alright, I don't need a drink." Well, what did you expect, you saw the strange way he eats- we'll come to think of it, he hadn't really shown you until a few weeks after he confessed and you two started dating. You distinctly remembered how it happened, and more specifically why it was supposed to happen.

Stop interfering.

It was a relatively normal day, Wally called you in the morning, came over, and sat down to eat with you, before he asked you a question, "How do you eat?" It startled you a bit, how? Everyone knew how, "Well you put some food in your mouth, chew, swallow, and start to digest it. Why?" As strange as the question was he had asked stranger ones. "Well, home told me it would be a good idea to show you how I eat." You quirked an eyebrow, way more confused than you had been a second ago. He stared at the food in front of him, before blinking, your vision went slightly distorted and static before you realized what happened, there was a bite mark in the food, it had been eaten, but it didn't make any sense. You remember thinking, would it happen to you, would he bite you? But then something clicked. Home. That was the problem.

As you snapped out of your daze and Wally finished setting the table you noticed the slightly nervous expression on his face, you learned to read him through eye movement alone, it was the only way to tell how he felt. "You ok?" Troublesome, what did that forsaken house do or say this time, it was beginning to piss you off. "Fine, just excited about your cooking." As you heard this you began to hear a more aggressive sizzle from your bacon, quickly turning it off, "Welp- it's a uh, a little crispy!" you heard his stagnant, halted, intriguingly odd laughter. "Doesn't matter, anything you make is as wonderful as you are neighbor." even though he said this in a casual tone, looking at his body language gave it all away. His eyes staring through you, the worry portrayed through his fiddling with cutlery, the way his eyes seemed a little wider than the usual half-lidded calm look he typically had. The more you studied him the more you learned, and the more concerned you were. Never once has he frowned, cried, or even gotten angry. There wasn't a chance in hell he was like this all the time.