Chapter Twenty-Six

(One Month later, 37 weeks pregnant)

(December 3rd)

This has to be the hundredth time that Ryder had sent me to Target and Home Depot for Christmas stuff. I must have already spent a couple thousand dollars on lights. I never actually decorate for Christmas since I go to my parents, but she insisted saying next Christmas we will have the baby and its time to start traditions. I was just about to get in my car and head home with her Christmas lights and candy canes when my phone rang.

"Hello"

"Joe?"

"Yeah"

"Its Mary Anne, that package is officially ready to go, when do you think you be coming to pick it up?"

"Are you home now? Im out picking up more Christmas lights for my girlfriend, I can swing by?"

"I'll be home for about the next hour"

"Im about twenty minutes away"

"Thats fine"

"Its $3400 left right?"

"Yes"

"Ok, I will stop at the bank and be there."

This is perfect, Ryder is busy home and she will never expect this, she just things Im getting lights. I pulled through the drive thru teller and pulled out the money and headed over to Mary Anne's. I just hope Ryder likes it. I pulled up to a small house at the very edge of Dorchester and headed to the door. I rang the doorbell. It was a minute before this small elderly woman showed up the door. She reminded me a lot of my grandmother.

"Joesph, nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you again"

"My husband and myself just got back with them and everything checks out so she is ready to go."

"Great my girlfriend Ryder doesn't know anything, I can't wait to surprise her."

"She is a very lucky young lady to have a boyfriend who thinks of her like this."

"Thanks."

I reached into my pocket and handed her the money. I have never spent this amount of money on a girl. She walked out of the room to return later with a blanket in her arms. She handed it over to me and I moved the blanket to see the tiniest Tea Cup Yorkie asleep. Ryder has always wanted one and her father could never get her one because of what they cost. Its our first Christmas together as a couple I wanted to get her something she has always wanted. I have another surprise that goes with it later but its not something that Im going to give her till Christmas Eve. I climbed back into the car and laid the puppy on my lap just hoping it will stay put well I drive back to Brookline.

Joey drove out to Milton to go get me more lights, now I can finally get up here and do the archways in the hallway and the living room without him jumping up my ass. Im pregnant not broken, I get on the ladder to hang up something and he shits a frisbee. I turned on my favorite song Tiny's What the fuck you gonna do and climbed up and started to hang the garland. I don't know how long I was decorating when I heard the front door close and the alarm beep. I didn't worry about, if it was anyone other than Joey Rocky would be freaking out. I didn't think anything of it and continued to work on my decorations.

"Jesus woman, what have I told you about getting. up there."

"Bite my ass, Im fine Joey."

I suddenly felt hands on my hips helping me down before he turns me around and pulls me into him. He pressed his lips to mine and I couldn't help the small moan.