Chapter 20

Meanwhile Triton called all of his daughters to the throne room. "Hi Daddy!" They all said. "Hello girls!" Triton says. "So what did you call us down here for?" Attina asked. King Triton smiles. "Well girls, I have some big news!" Triton says. "Ooh goody! Is it about Ariel?" Arista asked. "Well yes, it is about Ariel. Girls there is a reason why she could not come back to Antlantica today." Triton responded. Adonna gasps. "Oh is Ariel alright?" Adonna asks. "Girls! No need to worry. Ariel is perfectly fine. Girls! Ariel is going to have a baby!" King Triton says excitedly. The girls all squeal. "Oh my goodness! Ariel is going to have a baby!" Alana says. Attina's expression on her face changed. She holds her sisters arms for a moment. "Wait a minute girls! Do you know what this means?" Attina asks.

The girls shook their heads. "Girls, This means, we are going to be aunts!" Attina shouts. The sisters start to scream. King Triton winces. "Sisters we should make a mobile for the baby!" Arista says. King Triton smiles. "I think that is a great idea." King Triton says. "Come on girls, let's get started." Attina says. Then they swim off to find some materials. Sebastian laughs. Then King Triton starts to laugh as well. "Teenagers." Sebastian says as they continue to laugh. Then King Triton calls all of Atlantica to the auditorium for the announcement. Once everyone arrives King Triton starts to speak. "Attention everyone! I have great news!" He says with a smile.

Everyone was very excited. "As you know my youngest daughter Ariel has become a human to live with her true love Prince Eric." Everyone nods. "Well, I am very happy to announce that My daughter is going to have a baby!" King Triton shouts. The whole Kingdom starts to cheer. This is the first time ever that there was a baby who is born from both merfolk and humans. "Now do we have any questions?" Triton asked. One mermaid raised her hand. "Yes?" Triton asked. "Are we going to have a baby shower for the princess?" The mermaid asked. Triton thought about that. "That sounds like a wonderful idea." Triton says. The Kingdom cheers again. "I will work out the details and let you know when we will have it. That will be all!" King Triton says as he dismissed everyone.
Triton was very excited. He was going to be a grandfather.

Meanwhile Ariel and Eric were at the palace in their bed with Max. Eric looks over to see Ariel asleep with Max. Eric looks over at Ariel's stomach. "I can't believe I'm going to be a Father." Eric thinks to himself. He then moves Max closer to him so he can reach Ariel's stomach. Max keeps sleeping peacefully. Eric then touches her stomach and starts to rub it with his hand. Ariel begins to wake up. She looks over at her husband. Then she watches him. "Eric? What are you doing honey?" She asked with a puzzled look on her face.

Eric was shocked. He didn't realize she was awake. "Oh Ariel! I didn't mean to wake you." Eric says as he kisses her hand as if he was apologizing. Ariel giggles. "Its alright Eric, but what were you doing?" She asked again. "Well I was thinking to myself and I was thinking, I can't believe that my baby is in there! So I was drawn to it and I guess I just wanted to rub it a little. And I've heard it not only soothes the baby, but it soothes the mother too." Eric says.

Ariel starts to think about that. "Well, you know it is hard to believe a human is growing inside of me, and come to think of it, It was kinda of nice when you were rubbing my stomach." Ariel says with a giggle. "So may I continue?" Eric asks. Ariel smiles and nods. Eric continues to rub her stomach. "Oh Eric that does feel nice." Ariel says with a smile. Then Max wakes up and sees Eric doing this. Max starts to growl at his master. Max gets under Eric's arm to get it off of Ariel.

Eric was shocked by this. Max has never growled at him before. Ariel was shocked too. "Max. It's me buddy." Eric says as he tries to pet him. Max continues to growl. Ariel then starts to pet him. Max then wags his tail. "Um... Maybe we can try it again now?" Ariel asked. Eric nods and reaches over Max. Max starts to bark at Eric. Eric immediately retracted his hand. "Max. It's ok he can touch me alright?" Ariel says as she pets him. Then he wags his tail and pants. "Alright Eric. Let's try this once more." Ariel says.