Chapter 8

Ariel later woke and found that her prince was gone. She looks over at the pillow and finds a note. She picks it up and reads it. "My Dearest Ariel, I wanted to get some fresh air and watch the dolphins. I will be out on the dock if you care to join. With lots of Love Prince Eric." Ariel smiled. "Awe." She says. Ariel jumps out of bed and slips on her shoes. Then she goes out to the deck. She sees her prince over by the rails. He was enjoying the wind blowing through his hair. Ariel tip toes as she sneaks up behind him. Once she reaches him she jumps on his back. "Woah!" Eric says as he tries to keep his balance. Then he grabs hold of her feet. She kisses his cheek. "Well hello to you too." Eric said with a chuckle. Ariel smiled and watched the dolphins jump out of the water. "Oh Ariel, this is so romantic. You and I watching the peaceful waves of the ocean and watching all the dolphins jump in and out of the water." Eric says as he puts her down in front of him and wraps his arms around her waist and started to sway side to side. "Yes it is." Ariel says. Suddenly a Dolphin recognized Ariel. The dolphin swiss over near the boat. "Ariel!" The dolphin yells. "Oh Hello there." Ariel responds. Eric looks confused. "Wait you can understand what he's saying?" Eric asked. "Yes only mermaids can understand them." Ariel responds then turns back to her ocean friend. "Hey Ariel when are you coming back to Atlantica? You're father really misses you." The dolphin asked. "Probably after the honeymoon. If you see Father please tell him that I love and miss him and will be back as soon as I can." Ariel says with a smile. "Oh I will. He will be very excited. Enjoy your honeymoon." The Dolphin said as he started to swim away. "Thank you." Ariel said as she waved to the dolphin. Then turns back to Eric. "What did he say?" Eric asked. "He asked me when I was going to visit Atlantica again and told me my father misses me." Ariel says with a smile. "Oh wow! I wish I could talk to the sea creatures!" Eric said as he looked back at the ocean. "Maybe my father could use his Triton to help you to communicate with the sea creatures." "Really? That's would be amazing." Eric says as his face lights up. "Well when I see him again I will ask. "You know, I never thought about you going back and visiting your family." Eric says. "Well you didn't think I would stay up on land and never go back to the ocean did you?" Ariel asks with a sweet voice. "Well, no but I didn't think about you becoming a mermaid again." Eric says as he leans against the railing of the ship. "Well to be honest I didn't either." Ariel replied. "I wish I could go to Atlantica." Eric says. "Well maybe you can." Ariel says excitedly. "No I can't. I can't breathe underwater." Eric says. Ariel giggles. "I know that silly. What I meant was what if I asked my Father to turn you into a merman when I visit my family?" Ariel asked as she took his hand. "Ariel! Are you serious?" He asked excitedly. "Of course Eric. I love you. I want you to be happy just as much as you want me to be happy." Ariel says as she looks deeply into his eyes. "Oh Ariel. You really are the most wonderful girl in the world. If you could do this for me I would die." Eric says excitedly. Ariel tilts her head in confusion. "But Eric wouldn't that beat the purpose of you becoming a merman?" She asked. Eric laughed. "No sweetie. It's just an expression. I won't really die. It just means I am super excited." Eric says as he pulls her closer. "Oh ok." Ariel replied nervously still not quite getting it. Eric laughs again. "Ok let's sit down and discuss this." He says as he takes her over to a table to explain the english saying to her. He takes her hand and kisses it gracefully. She smiles. "Ok now when you first saw me, how did you feel?" He asked calmly. "Well, I felt all giddy inside and just felt very excited." Ariel said with a big grin on her face. "Now another way for you to say that is, I would die to be with him." Eric says. "Oh ok I think I understand now." Ariel says with a smile. "Great. But don't feel pressured to speak the way we do. I like you just the way you are." Eric says as he taps her nose. Ariel smiled. "But I love learning new things and I want to learn how to speak to different people in different ways." Ariel says. Eric laughs. "Of course and I think that's wonderful. I just don't want you to think that we expect you to speak like us. Well at least I don't." Eric says. Ariel smiled. "Of course not I want to learn everything about humans. And what do you mean?" Ariel asked as she tilts her head to the side for a minute. "Oh well when we get back Grimsby is putting you in Princess training. Basically they are going to teach you how to act like royalty." Eric says. "Oh... Well that's ok. Will you be with me?" She asks. "Well not for all of it, there are a few things that will just be you and Carlotta, but I will be there for some of the training." Eric says as he scratched the back of his neck. "Really?" Ariel asked in awe. She was touched. Eric took time out of his kingly duties to help her and just be there for her. "Of course. I will be there for the dancing lesson." Eric points out with a big grin on his face. "Ooh.... I love dancing." Ariel says as she takes his hand as their fingers started to intertwine. "Well good, because you are going to have to learn ballroom dancing." Eric says with a huge smile on his face. Ariel giggles. "Oh Ariel. I love you so much." He says as he kisses her hand. "I love you too." She says with love in the tone of her voice. "So, I Hope you and max get along ok. Max has been my bestfriend since my parents died." Ariel looks at him excitedly. "Oh I Love Max! He's such a lovely and sweet dog." Ariel says as she looks into her husbands eyes. "Oh, that's great! I was hoping you two would like each other." Eric says as they both laugh. "Oh, speaking of Max, Where is he?" She asked. "Well, Grimsby took him back to the palace." He says. "Oh ok, So I will see him when we get back right?" She asks curiously.  "Of course you will. He lives with us in the palace." Eric says with a laugh. Ariel smiles. "Good. We don't really have pets in the ocean." Ariel explained. "Really? I Would have thought you guys would have pet seahorses or something." Ariel laughs. "No we don't have them but that does sound cool." Ariel replied. "Well, we have all kinds of pets in the kingdom. some people have horses, and some people have birds. It just depends on which one the person likes the most." Eric explained as he stood up and helped his wife up. "Wow! That sounds wonderful! Will I get to see any of these creatures?" Ariel asks with a little wonder in her eyes. Eric spins her around. "Of course, you will. You are the Princess of my kingdom now. what ever you wish to see, you can see any time you want." Eric explained with a huge smile. Ariel also flashes a huge grin. She embraces her husband. Eric holds on to his wife tightly. Then they walk back to the edge of the boat and watch the sun set.