Chapter 23

Grimsby went downstairs to help Carlotta prepare everything. Meanwhile Eric was laying next to his wife in their bed. "Ariel I just want you to know, That I am here for you every step of the way." Eric says as he caresses her cheek. "I know and I am so grateful. I couldn't do this without you." Ariel says as she kisses him. Then Carlotta knocks on the door. "Come in." Eric says. Carlotta then opens the door and enters the room with two trays. "I came as soon as I could." Carlotta said. "Thank you Carlotta. I know it was last minute, but we got invited to Antlantica today and then Ariel was experiencing some sharp pains from the baby." Eric says.

Carlotta brings the trays to the beds. "Oh yes that is normal. She just needs to lay down and rest for a while. Here have some breakfast." Carlotta says as she passes out the trays. "Thank you Carlotta. I really appreciate you." Ariel says. "Oh that's my pleasure. And you let me know if you need more food. Alright?" Carlotta asked. Ariel nods. Carlotta smiles. Then Carlotta noticed that the bed had a lot of extra blankets on it. "What happened to your bed?" She asks. "You better not touch it." Ariel says defensively. Carlotta was shocked. Ariel then realized what she just said. Ariel gasps and puts her hands over her mouth. "Oh my gosh! Carlotta! I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." Ariel says.

Carlotta laughs it off. "It's alright dear. I understand. I know it's not comfortable being pregnant. I promise when I make the bed later that I will keep the extra blankets on." Carlotta says with a laugh. "Thank you Carlotta. I really appreciate it." Ariel says. "Of course sweetie. Now you eat your breakfast. I'll be downstairs if you need anything." Carlotta says and she leaves the room. Ariel smiles. Then Ariel starts to cry. Eric is shocked. "Ariel what is wrong?" Eric asked. Ariel leans over and cries into his chest. Eric rubs her back. "Eric! I don't deserve you guys!" Ariel says as she cries hysterically. Eric pulls her closer. "Hey. You deserve me just as much as I deserve you." Eric replied.

Ariel continues to cry. "But........ I am so......... Mean to you guys!" She says as she continues to cry into his chest. "Sweetheart it's alright. Every pregnant woman does it at some point in time. That's just how it goes." Eric says. "I guess you are right." Ariel says as Eric wipes her tears away. Eric smiles. "Now eat your breakfast and drink your coconut milk." Eric says. Ariel nods and eats her breakfast. After breakfast Ariel gets tired and decided to take a nap before she goes to Antlantica. Eric sees her yawn. "Eric?" Ariel asks. "Yes darling?" Eric replied. "I need to take a nap. Can you wake me when it's time to go to Antlantica?" Ariel asks. Eric smiles. "Of course darling. You get some rest." Eric says as he kisses her head. Ariel then fall fast asleep.

A few hours later

Ariel wakes up and looks over to the side to see Eric watching her. "Ah perfect timing. I was just about to wake you up." Eric says. "Really? It just looked like you were watching me sleep." Ariel playfully replied. Eric laughed. "Well I apologize for that. You are just so pretty and I love watching you sleep." Eric says with a smile. Ariel then kissed Eric on the lips. Eric then helps Ariel out of bed. Ariel slips on her shoes. Then Eric helps her down the stairs. Once they got down the stairs Ariel was getting wore out already. "Eric ... I need to sit down." Ariel says. "Of course darling." Eric says as he guided her to the couch in the living room. Ariel sits down. She sighs and begins to rub her stomach. "Phew. Eric it's so hard carrying this baby in my stomach." Ariel says. Eric gives her a sympathetic smile. "I know darling, but it will all be over in a couple of months." Eric says as he kisses her head. Ariel nods.

After a few moments Eric helps Ariel up and escorts her to the dolphin chariot that was waiting for them at sea. Eric escorts her to a row boat and he rows them to the Rock where Ariel would watch him when she was a mermaid. Eric helps her up on the rock. The dolphin chariot was sitting right next to the rock. Sebastian was holding the reins on the dolphins. "Oh Ariel. You look beautiful." Sebastian says. "Yeah well I won't look that great in a moment." Ariel says kinda grumpy like as Eric helps her into the chariot. "Now Ariel. That is a complete lie. You know you will always be beautiful no matter your size and you will also be by my side forever." Eric says as he gets into the chariot and holds her hand.