𝑃𝑎𝑔𝑒 10:𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼𝑛 𝑀𝑦 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑦

It seems no matter how hard you try- you always find yourself in the same unfortunate situation as before. This case has never changed...even when you were human. You don't remember how or where it happened, but there was one memory that never fails to repeat.

It was of a young boy who resembled you closely (maybe he was your brother?) He was reading a book about herbs.
"Y/N! These are the best kind of herbs for injuries since they contain antibacterial agencies!" He pointed with his tiny finger towards the picture of the herb.
"Do you think it could help Mama?"
You sighed, looking up at the blue sky, "I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't think any medicine will help her."

Your brother's face wore an expression of shock because of  your bluntness. He huffed and turned his head away. "Must you be so....so harsh? Thats our mom your talking about yet you act like she's a stranger!"
You laid back against a tree, "I'm not being harsh... I'm just being realistic."

Tears began to fall from his eyes, "I don't know what happened to her, Y/N. She was perfectly fine a couple of weeks ago! Ever since that day- she's been .... different!"
You closed your eyes in defeat. A feeling of an overwhelming sadness filled your heavy heart. You gently grabbed your brother and embraced him. Your brother's tears began to soak your kimono.

"I know...."

"You know what?"

"You know what?"

Your eyes bursted open at the sound of Shinobu's voice. For some reason you couldn't respond- those memories seem to drain your will to fight.
"Are you aware that you whisper in your sleep?"
You looked around, familiar with the old-blood stained cell. Your wrists and ankles were chained and your clothes were nothing but a worn out kimono.

Dam those dreams.
Dam that life you once had that makes you feel this way.

"Oh my~ quiet today aren't we? That's surprising, your usually the loudest in the room. Did that Hashira scare you?"

You said nothing, but lower your head down like a sad dog. Shinobu noticed this and tsked, "Don't be such a baby. Acting all weak isn't going to convince me to set you free or have mercy on you."

Who was that boy? And why does he appear in every single one of your dreams? You were too engulfed in your thoughts to notice that Shinobu had entered your cell and towered above you. She grabbed your chains and pulled you towards her-

"It's very rude to ignore your superior."
You clenched your teeth, this girl won't leave you be when you need her to!
When you refused to look at her in the eye, she released you.
"Here-" she dropped packets of blood at your feet.
"Prepare yourself- we have some more tests to run tomorrow."

With a small glance, she stared at your form, suspicious of the act your putting on. She locked the cell and left without saying another word.
You stared at the packet- disgusted at the sight of blood. You didn't even feel hungry, all you felt was.... Nothing.

You were a vessel to a parasite who corrupted your brain. It made you crave humans, and obey a master whose ideals are no where near humane. What was the life you had before.. all this?

Most importantly, was that boy still alive? And your mother too.

You suppose the question won't ever be answered because for now it looks like your spending the rest of your life as a Guinea pig.

                      ༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄

Authors note:
Hello everyone! Things are starting to get a little juicy over here! Anyone want some popcorn before we continue? 🍿 🥳