Welcome Mortals, Please Read First!

Hello mortals. Welcome to the story that takes place in the Kingdom of Animalia. Don't worry. Earth will get some shine in this story too. Oh, I'm sorry. How rude of me! I'm your mysterious narrator that will pop in from time to time to check on how our lovely immortals are doing. Don't be disappointed about not seeing my face for now. You'll find out who I am in no time!

Ok, where do I begin? Our story centers on the world of immortals. Each immortal's core is what keeps their immortality continuing. Basically, it's their source of life. Think of it as their "heart." A key thing to remember folks, immortals technically can live forever, but on the contrary, after 100,000 years, an immortal's cultivation can weaken. Cultivation refers to their strength and power.

Unfortunately, it's not always sunshine and flowers in Animalia. Immortals can be punished for breaking codes within the Kingdom. Some punishments are prison time, cultivation powers revoked or excruciating painful punishments that may not lead to death, but you'd probably wish you were dead. The most severe punishment in the Kingdom of Animalia is when one's core is demolished by 100 lightning strikes. Trust me, you don't want that. It's better to lose your immortality and be sent to Earth forever rather than your whole life ceasing to exist! Yikes! We're getting too negative here ladies and gentlemen.

Let's lay down some neutral facts that you all may want to keep up with as you read the story.

The Kingdom of Animalia's purpose is to protect the animals that live on Earth. Their objectives are to protect the Earth's animal species from becoming endangered or extinct. In addition, there has to be peace and order in a Kingdom for it to run properly. Who runs Kingdom of Animalia? Well, the citizens follow under the reign of the Royal Family: King Axel, Queen Madronna and Princess Kyra.

The Royal family can only be the Great Panda immortals. The Great Pandas are the only ones that can cultivate enough power to keep the Light of Lotus burning. The Light of Lotus is the source to keeping Kingdom of Animalia from crumbling.

Since this is the Kingdom of Animalia, there are other different animal immortals that you're going to meet in our little love story. Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you this was a love story, but you should have known that when you read the title! Silly mortal. Well, if you're still here, let's get on with the show!

In this story, young Clover, a Red Panda immortal that commands Animalia's military unit, meets Kyra after 1000 years as she spent her days on Earth to go through tribulations to become a strong immortal. These trials were given to her, so she could rule Kingdom of Animalia after her parents' reign ends. As the two different Panda species meet once again and begin a regular companionship, they find themselves beset by feelings they know they shouldn't act on. However, their love is forbidden due to the moral code of Animalia.

The moral code is no immortal can have romantic or sexual relations with another immortal that shares a different animal core. If any immortal disobeys this law, he or she will be punished with the 100 lightning strikes, the worst punishment that I have already mentioned earlier. Zap! You're done!

Can this million-year moral code stop their love? Princess Kyra and Lord Clover are not alone in this story. They are accompanied by their friends: Shasta, a quirky, timid leopard immortal and Kyra's maid, an adorable pet Dragon named Alena, and Takiyo, Clover's perverted and egotistical bodyguard.

Not only do we have some precious friends, but one cannot have a story without the vicious villains for the couple to face. Their enemies consist of the Evil Mogwai, shape shifting demons that crave immortal cores and invades the Earth realm to eliminate all animal species.

Also, not all immortals are "good" by the way. We have a malicious Cardinal Bishop with vengeance lingering in his heart; a seductive Dark mage that you won't want to turn away from, and a rebellious curator that desires Princess Kyra for himself by all means necessary.

So, here's the deal. You want a story of hair-gripping Drama, back-stabbing betrayal, jaw-dropping fights, rib breaking humor and sensual romance? Then Love in the Bamboo is the story for you! Turn the page and let's get this adventure started!