Chapter 1: After 1000 years, Clover

"Takiyo! Come on already and kill the damn thing. We don't have all day." Before I could finish my sentence, the Mogwai's screech echoed through my ears as Takiyo stomped on its neck. After the final hit, the male Mogwai disintegrated into black ash.

"Come on Commander, if we're stuck here on Earth for another 500 years, we might as well have fun with it. It's been too long to not mess with these guys." Takiyo tucks his red bangs behind his ears and looks back at me.

"Clover! Look out!" As I turn around, another mogwai, shapeshifted as a wild boar, jumps and attempts to run me over but I dodge its attack. Ha! I'm too quick for you, you bastard. I turn around and jump high enough to get a great distance and summon my Great Emerald Bow.

"X marks the spot" I mutter. As I identify his core location within the neck, I shoot. My arrow glides through the course of the wind and perfectly contacts the corner of his weak spot. The mogwai halts and transforms into its original form and the onyx blood drips from the arrow wound I created.

"When are you going to stop and realize that you'll never win this war as long as Kingdom of Animalia exists" I yell.

The male Mogwai hisses before saying his last words.

We will never stop. In the end, our master will always create more of us. You're Kingdom will die and all animals on Earth will cease to...

Takiyo stomps on the Mogwai's head before it can finish its sentence.

"God, I hate when they ramble. Just die already."

I dismiss my emerald bow back into my core and cross my arms as I land back on the ground.

"Well do you think that's all of them for the day? I think we should go check on the princess."

Takiyo gives me a grin and shakes his head as he stares off at Li River. "Well, I think you're more worried about gawking at the princess more than making sure she is safe." Takiyo's reply to my statement was playful but I know he meant it.

"Listen, King Axel said we can't interfere with her tribulations, but we must at least report how his daughter is doing. I'm completing my duty for the King as his Military commander. Nothing more." I kneel at the edge of the river and wipe off the Mogwai blood from my armor. Then, I scoop a little bit of water to rub on my face and the back of my neck. The heat in Guangxi is ridiculous. How can mortals live like this?

Takiyo moves and sits on a stone next to me as we both share a gaze across the river. As beautiful as Animalia is, Li River is exotic. However, nothing will beat the Moon springs in Animalia though. For the past 500 years, Takiyo and I have traveled to Earth to conquer the Mogwai and check on Princess Kyra.

As Takiyo and I remain silent for a few moments to recuperate after the fighting, I start to think back to when the Princess and I first met.

Kyra- Hey, what's your name?

Clover- I'm Clover! What's yours?

Kyra- I'm Princess Kyra but you can just call me Kyra. There's no need to be formal. I like you!

Clover- Okay! My dad works for your dad, does this mean we can be friends?

Kyra- Duh! We'll be more than friends! I like your green eyes and cinnamon hair.

Clover- Thanks, I like yours too!

The princess is known as the most beautiful immortal woman in Animalia. Kyra's Chocolate brown hair was so long and always danced gracefully in the air when there was a slight wind at the Kingdom. Her skin is the shade of roasted chestnuts. Her eyes are as dark as a coffee bean. Kyra's complexion is darker than her parents' because the sun's rays kissed her skin every day.