[Part 05] White Mechanicum's Ties to The Empire

Archmagos Dominius Belisarius Cawl:

Archmagos Belisarius Cawl and the White Mechanicum are characters full of a dark and intricate history, weaving a genealogy of Genetor Archmotel Signor. Both Cawl and Signor were once students of the same master. However, their paths diverged during the Heresy of Horus, when Baruel was destroyed and their mentor, Hestere Aspertie Sigma-Sigma, swore allegiance to War Master Horus. Archmotel, fearing persecution, moved to Gryphonne IV, where he remained until the end of the Heresy of Horus.

Years after the collapse of the War Master's crusade, Signor returned to work on morphogenic technology and immediately notified Belisarius Cawl, who began to analyze in detail the data he received. The research was aimed at transferring human consciousness to the machine. However, further scientific work was interrupted by the destruction of Gryphonne IV and the death of the Baruel Tech-Captain. His place was taken by Technokulus, a disciple of the late Tech-Kaplan, who continued the work of his mentor.

His achievements caught the attention of Archmagos himself, who, despite his hatred of the Baruel priests, went there in person to see the technology he so coveted. After seeing a machine that could transfer consciousness, he recognized its usefulness. As a result, Technoculus and his disciples survived, and the White Mechanicum rebuilt itself under the protection of Mars.

Prefecture Magisterium and Imperial Inquisition:

The relationship between the White Mechanicum, the Prefecture Magisterium and the Imperial Inquisition is intricate and unclear, hiding dark secrets and unusual intrigues beneath the surface. Those who delve into the inner workings of the Adeptus Mechanicus find mere substitutes for the truth, hidden behind layers of lies and manipulation.

Rumors and reports circulate about the deportation to the planet Baruel of specialized Tech-Captains who are too valuable to the Empire to simply kill them. Those exiled are said to have been subjected to brutal and cruel humanoidization and de-ionization processes to make their bodies conform to the planet's doctrines. Now these heretics, clad in the robes of the White Mechanicum, are free to continue their experiments as Baruel Tech-Captains.

However, these exiles no longer resemble humans; their bodies have been stripped of most of their ionic energy and their language purged of the mysterious Mechanicus codes. Imprisoned on a distant planet, far from the eyes of humanity, they continue their research and experiments, seemingly ruthlessly, but it is unclear whether they do so voluntarily or as subjects of coercion.