[Part 07] Baruelian Magic

Baruelian magic, also known as "Black Power", is a type of power that resembles psionics in actions and influence, by being able to influence the minds of others and create illusions. However, it works by tapping into emotions such as anger, fear, malice and hatred, as well as their opposites, so it can be used to do both evil and good. According to legends, the more someone uses the Black Power, the more likely they are to gradually lose their senses and fall into total insanity. It is therefore conjectured that Baruelian magic, like psionics, requires from the user not only power, but also resistance and an extremely strong mind in order not to lose touch with reality by gradually destroying and tearing apart one's consciousness.

Baruelian alchemy is based on the power of the dark realms of the Immaterium, allowing its users to transcend even the boundaries of life and death. According to legends, by performing rituals and experiments using this dark practice, users can increase their power, gaining control over the elements and phenomena of nature and creating complete perversions of them. They can even bring back to life people who died long ago.

It should come as no surprise, then, that so much concern has grown, even among the ranks of the Inquisition, following the return of cultists to Baruel. Even among those who consider Baruel magic and alchemy to be mere myths, a certain uneasiness has arisen. Anxiety, created with the thought of what evil the priests of Baruel could send upon the galaxy if all this turned out to be true and they succeeded in bringing back to life the powerful sorcerers that the fallen War Master had ordered to be annihilated. Only then would the universe have learned what evil this cult of machines could wield, if only it had gone against the Empire. A power for which the boundaries of life and death do not exist.