~CHAPTER ONE~

hey!!! thank you so much for reading this! most of my works didn't get any recognization so I stop publishing and discontinued! I'm going to finally finish this book!!!! I just want to say some things real quick! First off! please don't spoil anything major! I'm not nearly close to being finished with one piece but I'm watching it as much as I possibly can!!!! also if I make any mistakes please let me know!! and I know I said it would be just like the actual anime/manga but there will be scenes that aren't canon other than that all characters and major storylines and arcs will be canon unless I say differently at the start of a new chapter.

(backstory)

Y/n's POV

It was a normal day like any other, I was practicing in my fathers dojo along with my sister Kuina, I was very close to her when we were younger but as she grew older I felt like she was just constantly annoyed with me.

I was one of the youngest kids here being only 7. But that didn't stop me from being the second-best sword fighter in the village.

The class was practicing techniques when I heard a voice coming from the door saying loudly, "Hey anybody wanna come out?! I'm here to challenge your dojo!" Father went up to him chuckling as all well as walking out of earshot

"Hey, guys come on!" I whispered to the rest of the class standing at the doorway to hear better.

"And if I win then I get your dojo!" A boy slightly older than me with bright green hair (I honestly don't know if his hair is teal or green) "And if you lose?" Father questioned "Then uhh... Then I'll join this place!" "Sounds very fair." Father looked back at us in the doorway "Kuina!" My older sister walked through the doorway the rest of the students crowded around

"yes, what is it Father?" she said "WAIT! You mean you're not gonna fight me yourself?!" The kid yelled, "She may be just a girl, but Kuina is stronger than any adult in the village."

"FINE!" he yelled again Father invited him in to prepare for the fight

Time Skip (coz we all know what happened)

After the match, I went behind the dojo to a small courtyard where I saw the boy practicing against a tree. "hey!" I yelled over to him he turned his head to me, he looked exhausted

"Who are you?!" "I'm Y/n Shimotsuki" (that's what Google said her last name was if that's, not it can someone pls correct me) "Nice to meet ya" he yelled at me at this point he was panting sitting down on the grass.

I walked over to where he was sitting "What's your name?" I asked him while I sat down on the warm ground. "Roronoa Zoro" He stated smiling brightly at me "I'm gonna be the greatest swordsman in the world!" I chuckled at his comment

"That sounds amazing Zoro!" "I don't think I'd ever be able to do that," I muttered the last part

"what do you mean?" he questioned me "I'm sure you're an amazing swordsman!" I just smiled at him in return.

For the next few days all Zoro would do was train constantly I would occasionally go over to him after we finished and we would chat about anything that came to mind.

(3rd person POV)
After one of Zoro's' fights with Kuina, he went out back behind the dojo and stayed there criticizing himself over not being able to defeat her. little did he know that someone saw everything.

Heyyyy so I know that no one is reading this, but I wanted to get it out there in the world. I wanted to fit the whole backstory into one chapter but It's only the first chapter and I wanted to get it done soon. hopefully, the next few chapters will be lengthier and i can get more motivation to write them instead of procrastinating but thank you for reading this anyway, and if you don't mind leaving a vote that would be amazing =)
word count: 697