bonfires

"Risa, usog ka pa dito." Leni murmurs, pulling her dark blue coat off of her shoulders and moving to wrap it around Risa instead. She wore cold gentle lips and chilly fingertips but still slips the coat around the other woman's shoulders, feeling her shivers beneath her arm.

Risa shakes her head, glancing across and she find herself staring into gorgeous, brown eyes. "You need it, nilalamig ka na rin."

"But my darling comes first. Plus, mas madami akong suot na layers unlike you." Leni shrugs her shoulders, giving her a cheeky dimpled glance and Risa would admit that with help from the bonfire that raged meters away, she would still been growing nearly unbearably cold.

With a small sigh, Risa pecks her on the lips as a thank you.

"You're the best, love. Thank you. I really like this coat rin." Risa giggles, tucking her fingers under the sleeves to keep them warm too.

She snuggles further into the coat, breathing in the scent of her perfume and the fact that Leni's arm was still looped around her shoulders, holding her as close as she felt comfortable with her family sitting around the fire too.

Talking about her family, her three daughters whispered around the two of them over cups of hot chocolate.

"Ang cute nila 'no?" Aika points out, nodding towards their two mothers. She catches Jillian's attention who downs another mouthful of hot chocolate and nods.

In front of them, the fire blazes, illuminating their faces.

"Lagi naman silang ganyan, kahit nung hindi pa sila umaamin. Mama is absolutely smitten with Tita Ris since then. Sa'kin pa nagpaturo kung paano mag-send ng purple heart emojis sa imessage." She chuckles. She smiles when Risa moves closer to peck Leni on the lips, glancing away. "I don't think that'll ever change."

Aika agrees and replies, "Two years and they are still like that, parang mga highschool kapag magkadikit."

"True. I'm happy that Mama is happy with Tita, pero sana nakikita pa nila na andito tayo ano?" Tricia whispered to her two sisters.

At this point, Leni was about to hold Risa's neck to deepen their kiss but the tres marias coughs and says in unison, "Get a room, seniors! Andito pa kami oh."

The two women laughs and looks at them and replies at the same time, "Oops!"

Leni playfully tugs Risa's hand and helps her stand up, "Darling, tara na nga sa loob na natin ituloy. Panira itong tatlong ito." she teased, knowing her daughters.

"Ohmygod! No need to announce it, Ma!"