(CHAPTER 6, PART 5) Mightier Than Steel

(We're doin this shit in one part now bc at this point we don't wanna clog up the story-)

Hikari, Tokei, and the rest of the Dangan Club, including their newest member Mukuro were all in the club room. They were finished with their work for the day, and came here by Hikari's request.

As they stood (or sat) around a white table, Hikari was the first one to break the silence.

"So let's go over everything that happened with the Ultimate Despairs."

"Sounds like a good idea. Shoot." Nagito said

"The Ultimate Despairs are a terrorist group founded by 2 students from Hope's Peak. Their goal was to cause...essentially the apocalypse via driving humanity into despair."

"...We, or rather...The Boss started by manipulating everyone from Class B-2" Mukuro noted "...except for you, Hajime."

"Why not me- oh. I'm taking it's because I'm 'not a true ultimate' or something???"

"No...It was because you weren't in Class B-2."

"Wha...?"

"I...prefer to not get into it...For your and Chiaki's sake."

"If you say so..."

"Sooo...What happened after?" Kazuichi asked

"The Boss decided to manipulate the Ultimate Animator, who was working on an animation that would subliminally change people into being hopeful...and reverse its effects."

"Shit, really?! ...who might this Ultimate Animator be..?"

"Dunno, lol!" Ibuki noted

"I think I know that guy!" Sagishi said

"Huh???"

"His name's Ryota Mitarai. We have been friends since grade school. He's like...2 years younger than me..

"Oh! Shit, I'm SO sorry..." Mikan was tearful

"It's alright...at least he's ok...hopefully."

"...I'm guessing SOMETHING had to happen that would cause the plan to fail, right?" Kazuichi added on.

"Indeed. Headmistress Konpyuta and the rest of the staff, us included, stopped this plan, saving all but 5 people."

"...oh... Wait, only 5?!"

"Yep."

"Huh... I dunno if I would be relieved or horrified." Shuichi admitted.

"...Who were they?"

"Four of them were the Sterling Committee, who were the reason the school had...issues. The fifth victim was their lackey and former headmaster...Jin Kirigiri."

"Kirigiri?"

"That... that last name... you don't think...?" Kaede noted

Kyoko, at this point, looked kinda pale...well, paler.

"I think you just got your answer." Byakuya said to Kaede

"Kyoko....?" Makoto worried

"Jin...was...My father."

"OH FUCK!!!!! Kyoko... I... I am SO sorry..."

"...I...I don't even know how to feel, in all honesty." She admitted

"Oh..." Shuichi was now just sad

"...Thing is...I-"

"You're from the secret Kirigiri bloodline of world-class detectives." Byakuya said, smugly.