XXXXII. fantasy checked

vanraj

".. what happened? At least say.. you are putting me through so much suspense!", I said, my heart paced wildly.
She stood before me, constantly blushing and unable to look up.

The house was empty.
Baa and Moti Baa were off to a relative's home. Bapuji had taken Dolly to the dance class. I had just stepped back from office, when I found her blushing constantly.

That meant something had happened.
But what, I couldn't quite figure out.

It had just been a year and a half of our marriage, and I was still learning the meaning of her behaviour.

After bathing I had finally cornered her.
And she had blurted out, "It's a surprise.."

I drew in another deep breath.
"Fine. I am going to get angry now.", I said crossing my arms before me.
She looked up in despair.

"You always get angry..", she said furrowing her brows, sounding mildly annoyed.
"Then tell me.. why are you blushing so much?", I asked.
She simply wrapped her arms around my torso, resting her head on my chest.
"Your heart is beating so fast..", she said in a whisper.
"What else did you expect? You are not even telling me about your surprise.. or whatever..", I stated irritably.

I softly wrapped my arms around her.

She hugged me tighter.

"I don't know how to say it..", she whispered.
"Uff! Anupamaa I am going to die of suspense now! You always do this-"

"We are going to have a guest-"

"Guest?! Oh please! No! Again guests will come and Baa will make me sleep at the balcony, away from you-"

"Small guest-"

"Doesn't matter! Big or small! Guests are annoying! After surviving with so much work I come back home in hope to have a peaceful sleep with my wife and-"

"You're going to be Papa!", She finally shouted, half annoyed with my rant.

"I know I am going-"

I paused.
I was going too with the flow I realised.

I released her of the hug, and looked down at her.
"One minute.. what-what did you-"
She just nodded, blushing, holding my hand tightly.

I felt a gush of strange emotions.
It was unexplainable.
I felt nervous.

A father, and I?

"It's true.. I-I got to know only this morning. I did not tell anyone.. I wanted you to know first..", she said entwining her fingers with mine.

"But.. I mean.. aren't we too young for this.. like.. I am still mentally a twelve years old, and you are not more than five.", She looked up with an amused expression.

"Sorry ha.. I am definitely mentally older than you..", she said,
"And we'll manage.. trust me."

I never exactly mentioned but I trusted her more than my own self sometimes.